Directions to Heartland's Landmark Factory

BluegrassMan

Hey Guy's n' Gal's:

Seeing as I won't get to attend the rally, I do want to see the factory probably the 3rd week of Aug. I'll be in central Kentucky, I would like to go on up and check things out.
1. Directions to Landmark's Factory
2. Campgrounds rather close.
3. Anything else that YOU find interesting that I should check out.

Thanks Everyone:)

Princess Kathleen

Been there

We went up last summer, I did a map quest by using the address from the webpage....we stayed in a KOA campground in Middlebury 1-574-825-5932..close to a major highway, but not to nosiey...
There is lots of things to do....good food...Amish country...the Amish stop by on Saturday at the KOA and sell their farm bake goods...yummy...Shipshewana has great places to shop....tour the Amish country side...not only Heartland factory is in the area, but the whole area is full of RV manufactures....then of course South Bend (the fightin' Irish) is just down (across) the road....toll road very nice....Elkhart even has a RV museum
Hope this helps out...
PK

BluegrassMan

Landmark's directions

Hi Princess K:

Thanks for the get back! I have saved your post. I may run it through Microsoft Streets and Trips too. This software will tell you milage, MPG, times to stop for r & r, total time it takes etc. It's fun to play with. :D Thanks!

BluegrassMan

Central KY

Hi Mike:

I'll be heading out to Louisville to the KY state Expo center for the Street Rod Nationals (11,000 rods). Then we are heading to Tyner near Mckee. If you look on the map its about as far off I-75 east as you are west. Then I'll be backtracking out and up to Indiana I guess to go to Elkhart etc. The Saudi's should love me at 6-8 mpg.:eek:

jbeletti

For reference, we stayed at the Clarksville, IN KOA just across the river from Louisville. It was "ok" for an overnight but the nearby train was really loud throughout the night. No grass there either. Asphalt pads with gravel between the pads.

If you ever get a chance to overnight near Lexington, we really liked the Kentucky Horse Park Campground. No sewer, but very nice place with huge sites. We're staying there again this year on the way back from TN and we're adding an extra day to visit the Horse Museum and other stuff there.

Take care,

Jim

jbeletti

I'm no wealth of info as far as camping in the greater Elkhart area, but we have camped twice at the Granger, IN KOA. If you end up staying for a few days, consider upgrading to their deluxe RV sites.

Careful when making that 90 degree left turn after you get through the gate though. That's the place where the tree jumped out in front of my trailer as I passed it!

Jim