Who's going to the Escapee's Rally in Sedalia MO ??

SmokeyBare

Spring is slowly trying to push Winter's chill away for good.... It's fast approaching Rally time...

Who is going to the Escapee's Rally at Sedalia Missouri on May 24 to the 29 ?? Did you know that Heartland is one of the Rally Sponsors?? Here is the Link: http://www.escapees.com/escapade/2009/

It's a challenge to find anyone at a large Rally... let alone where they are parked... The Rally parking crew do a Great job of parking the steady stream of RV's... BUT.... they can't save a spot for a friend.... save a few spots for a small group... Just too difficult a task.

One way to be able to park close together is to all go in at one time. One RV after another... all in a row... as you drive to the Rally grounds. Often times folks gather together at a Rest Stop... or a short distance away from the Rally Grounds...

This takes some planning. Not all that much... maybe posting here is a start... just to see who is going and who might want to park close together...

Remember there are early arrivals... some will be going to the BOOT CAMP sessions... Some may be going to the several Pre-Escapade HOP... if that is the case... those will not likely be able to consider parking together with those coming just for the main part of the Rally.

If your planning on attending this Escapade... please let us know.

jbeletti

Thanks Marv!

I will be attending Escapade and will have a Heartland booth in the exhibit hall. I will be camping there as well.

My "planned" arrival date is May 23rd with an overnight at the Double J CG in Chatham (Springfield), IL on the 22nd. I may be able to push this out 1 day is there was a group planning to arrive on the 24th.

It would be cool to park a bunch of Heartlands in a row! Or maybe several rows, 1 for each day's arrivals.

Jim

leftyf

SSG Stumpy-VA Terrorist
Thanks Marv!

I will be attending Escapade and will have a Heartland booth in the exhibit
Jim

Heartland Dunking Booth? Heck, I'd show up for that one...even if I had to roll up in my wheelchair!

At 1$ a throw...we could pull the economy back on it's feet.

C'mon, Jim, take one for the home team!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
We will be there also...not only as attendees, but as vendors....come visit us at the Rescue Tape booth....:D

Paul & Nan

We are starting to plan on going--Jim, we might be interested in a caravan. Anyone else from Illinois going??

SmokeyBare

Hey gang.... Spring is quickly showing up... Cabin fever is nearly over...

It's time to plan on attending an RV Rally...

Escapee's RV Club is having their Escapede at Sedalia Missouri May 24 to 29...

You don't need to belong to Escapee's to attend... just pay the required fees for the Rally...

Those who will be going... might like to be parked close together... I feel it helps make the Rally a little more enjoyable doing that...

Anyone going and wanting to park close together will need to drive to the Rally ground together... so they can park you together.

Jim Belitti will be there as well representing Heartland who is a Sponsor at the Escapade ...

After the Escapade we will be heading to Dayton Ohio, to attend the Ohio Chapter of the Heartland Owners Club - May 29 to 31...

Paul & Nan

Paul and I have reservations for Sedalia arriving 5/23, leaving 5/29. We have to work Friday, were hoping to hook up with Jim going over as he will be staying about 45 minutes from us on Friday(I think). Anyone else going???????Can we form up a group somehow??? Nan

netters1

We have made our reservations for the Escapade in Sedalia arriving Saturday, the 23rd and leaving Saturday the 30th. This will be our first Escapade and we are really excited! Especially since we are only 140 miles from Sedalia. :D

jbeletti

Heartland Area at Escapade - 10 sites set aside - details here...

I have great news! I worked with this year's Escapade director (Harrell Hicks) on getting some sites set aside so Heartlanders can park in a group.

They worked it out! Here are the details as best as I know them:

• 10 each - 30 amp full hook-up sites are set aside
  • You must arrive between 8 am and 2 pm on either 5/22 (Fri) or 5/23 (Sat)
  • You must ask to be parked in the Heartland group
  • All of the above is subject to change should the Escapade need to adjust
So there you have it. If you are registered to attend the 2009 Escapade in Sedalia, MO, if you are registered for a full-hookup site, if you plan to arrive 5/22 (Fri) or 5/23 (Sat), between 8 am and 2 pm, if you ask at check-in to be parked with the Heartland group and if that group area is not already full, chances are good you can be sited with someone you know :)

I know this does not work for everyone. And some have no interest in such an arrangement. That's all okay. It is just an option that may fit for some.

If you are a Heartland product owner with plans to attend Escapade and have no idea what is going on with this post - not to worry. This affects "no one". It's just a potential option.

Potential Questions:

1. Q. If I arrive later than 2pm on 5/22 or 5/23, can I still get into a site set aside for Heartlanders?
    A. Escapade stops parking all rigs at 2pm.
  2. Q. If I arrive between 8am and 2pm on 5/22 or 5/23, and I am told the Heartland group area is full, can they add me onto the group area?
    A. Probably not.
  3. Q. If I arrive between 8am and 2pm on 5/22 or 5/23, and I am told the Heartland group area is full and I am registered for Escapade, can I still be parked on the grounds somewhere.
    A. Yes. All registered Escapade attendees will have a site somewhere.
  4. Q. If I get sited in this Heartland group area, will it be a longer walk to the events?
    A. No. Most attendees will be camping in the "Outer Reserved Campground". See map at this link. I am not certain where all events will be happening, but I know that the Escapade Marketplace will be held in the Agriculture Building - marked "2" on the attached map. Escapade will have shuttle vans in operation.
  5. Q. What area or level of camping are these 10 sites (boondocking solar, boondocking generator or full hook-up)?
    A. They are 30 amp full hook-up. If you are registered for boondocking, please do not ask to be sited with the group.

Attachments

• missouri_state_fairgrounds_map.pdf
    301.1 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:

netters1

Jim, the thumbnail photo of the map will not open. It just keeps trying to load. Can you re-post the map photo? Thanks. Also, are there only 10 sites total or 10 sites set aside for Friday and 10 for Saturday arrivals.

jbeletti

Lynette,

10 sites total. I will be in one of them :)

I had no idea how many Heartlanders were coming and of those, how many would want to be parked together versus with SOB friends. So I went conservative.

I also didn't know how much I could push Escapade on this favor None

By the looks of this thread, we will be lucky to get 10 together.

See you there!

Jim

PS: I added a map link. It works. Unsure why the attachment does not work. I turned a trouble ticket in on it.

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
We'll be arriving a day early, since we're vending. We'll try to be placed in one of the Heartland sites, however, they may insist on us being in a different area for vendors, we'll see. Maybe since Jim will be in this area, and he's basically a "vendor" too, maybe we can work things out....either way we'll see everybody soon!!

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
We are getting there on the 21st. Don't know if they will have the area set up yet but will ask.

SmokeyBare

I plan on being in the area on the 20th... I hope to camp a short distance away... so we can make the drive to the rally easier... Warsaw Missouri has a few RV Parks...

Mariposa

Rally

Grace and I are moving in the direction of Rally in Sedalia. We are currently in Texarkana. Repairs have been done and now waiting for better weather before moving on. I don't have to drive in heavy rain, thunder, lighting and strong winds. ( Oh, yes, snow).

Tom of Ypsi

We just signed up and will be in on May 23. Save us a spot at the Heartland site. We will be leaving on the 29th and heading to Goshen for an appointment with Lippert on June 4. Need our front jacks worked on again, back to using jack stands.

Paul & Nan

Jim, looks as if the 10 sites will not be enough--still wondering what your plans turned out to be? Will you be at Double J the night of the 22nd? We are still planing on leaving about 5A, could meet you to travel. Keep us posted. Nan

jbeletti

We just signed up and will be in on May 23. Save us a spot at the Heartland site. We will be leaving on the 29th and heading to Goshen for an appointment with Lippert on June 4. Need our front jacks worked on again, back to using jack stands.

Tom,

Site are first-come first-served. They are not really reservable. Hope you get one.

jbeletti

Jim, looks as if the 10 sites will not be enough--still wondering what your plans turned out to be? Will you be at Double J the night of the 22nd? We are still planing on leaving about 5A, could meet you to travel. Keep us posted. Nan

Nan,

I was pushing it to get them to "set aside" 10 sites. I am now planning to arrive at Escapade on the 22nd so I can get in and setup my booth the morning of the 23rd as exhibit hours start at 3pm that day. Unsure of where I will stay overnight on the 21st. Will work that out next week. But I want to end up near Sedalia the evening of the 21st so I can get in line to park the morning of the 22nd.

Jim