water coming out under fridge.

2010augusta

Twice now I have walked into the kitchen to find a saucer sized puddle of water in front of the fridge:(. I have even had water collecting in the produce bins. that meant that the water was coming from inside the refer. I had ice collecting and melting off of the cooling fins, that was dripping into the drip tray, but the drain spout was leaking back into the unit. A tiny bit of good ol' plumbers putty and it stopped the water into the fridge. Next, I wondered where the water was suppose to go. I took the lower cover of the back of the unit and found a white plastic drain tube right above all the electronics:confused:. I moved the tube to the other side and popped it through on of the grid holes on the cover, so now the water drains to the outside of the RV. what a concept:rolleyes:!

Might be worth checking out on your units.

jpmorgan37

I never saw a RV that the drain hose wasn't routed outside the vent. Somebody removed the cover and didn't put it back through the cover so it would drain outside. That's a real bummer. Glad you found it before it did some other damage.

John

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Another thing to watch for on reefers with ice makers. The leaks showed up under the fridge and seeping out under the fridge baseboard. Our reefer is an NDR1062. It is not in a slide out. It has a heat wire enclosed with the water line from the solenoid up to the ice maker inlet. I don't think it's thermostatically controlled so it's on all the time. This heat wire tends to dry out the vinyl tube and cause it to crack and start leaking. I have repaired it twice and decided to remove the inline fuse for the heat wire. So far, no more issues.