Range top cover

jlivet

:confused:Should the Magic Chef oven/stove in our 08 Sundance 3300sk have come with a range cover that goes over the top burners? Everyone that has been inside beleives it should have one.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
I believe it should have a hinged cover that folds back. You best place to start should be with your dealer and point out you were not aware it was supposed to be there in the first place. As a last resort you can call Heartland Customer service, 877-262-8032 and they may help. The down side is this should have been noticed at your PDI by your dealer. I hope you are able to get this resolved. Another consideration may be an aftermarket cover from Camping World.

Duramax1

My 09 2900MK did not come with a range cover.

I believe that covers are provided only if there is a window located directly behind the stove which our unit does not have. Our last trailer, a Rockwood, had a window and a range cover.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
We don't have a cover on ours. I think the model in the Sundances doesn't come with one. I could be wrong though - it wouldn't be the first timeNone.

Gus

jddugan

The Heartland Sundance website photo gallery shows the range with no cover. My Bighorn has the cover installed, but no window behind it.

lrmike

Our Sundance 3300RC does not have a range cover either. When we were at the dealer last week we toured a number of other new models and noticed that none of the Sundance models have a range cover. The Landmark did have one that blended with the counter top though, very nice! I think you can order one from the dealer, Magic Chef directly or through an online resource like partstore.com

irvin56

Our north trail 31qbs

never came with 1 also, I just made mine

icon1.gif
3 burner stove cover
Morning everybody.
I made a wooden cover for our stove. Sorry no pic's

I took a 1x3 ( accual size 3/4x2-1/2) and stood on side, attached 2- 15" wide shelfs (3/4" thick)to it and made one big cover to do the complete stove and area behind it.
TOTAL over all size is 30" long and 26" wide
I glued and screwed to the shelfs, 1x3s on 3 sides and left the front open as not to sit on stove top to damage it and have an area to lift it off. The shelve setup sits on the counter itself as I attached uprights to the very outside lip of shelve. The inside measurement is 23-3/4 inchs.

The area behind stove is a waste anyway and we always cook outside so this gives Gail a nice flat surface to work on.
The 2-1/2 inch height of the1x3s give the proper clearance of the burners and does not even rest on them. No way to damage elements or stove top. I put some little foam pieces on the bottom of uprights so it does not scratch counter.
If we do cook inside, we can lift off and put on bed untill . We will also remove from counter when we travel

I went to Rona and picked up a stain Called Butcher Block, It's made to do cutting boards or any surface that will or may have food contact. A safety and sanitary issue with anything wood.

2309817470065703481S425x425Q85.jpg

2220559830065703481S425x425Q85.jpg

cool.gif

Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Last edited by irvin56 : 06-01-2008 at 09:34 AM. Reason: Forgot to add stain
progress.gif

irvin56View Public ProfileSend a private message to irvin56Find all posts by irvin56Add irvin56 to Your Buddy List

D

Dave Willis

We do not have Range Covers that come with the Sundance units. You can get one from your dealers parts store, they should have them in stock. If they don't have them in stock, they can order you one.

Thanks,

Dave