The deed is done...

wyleyrabbit

Thank you to everyone for all of your help and insight with our decision to purchase what we believe to be the ultimate trailer and truck capable of safely towing it, no matter what.

I am very pleased to report that we now have a huge new black truck in our driveway, purchased for towing our brand new Bighorn 3055RL which we got keys for yesterday. :D:D:D

We haven't had the hitch installed yet, and I think that'll be sometime this week. The truck needs to go at least another 500 km before she'll be ready to tow. And I need to get my new drivers' license so I'm legal to tow here in BC. Details, details, details.

I'm looking forward to many wonderful trips in our new weekend getaway home, wherever we decide to tow it to, with my wonderful wife, incredible son (who turns 9 this week), our lab puppy, and our baby that is expected to arrive at the end of June.

Here's to hopefully meeting as many new friends as possible, here, there, and everywhere.

Cheers,
Chris

wyleyrabbit

Good choice, the GMC will tow that nicely, with the Duramax, ours pulls our 09 3490BHS ,some times I forget that it is behind us.

Thanks. Right, that's why we went with this truck. I simply want it to tow the trailer without any hesitation. We're in BC where some of the hills are really long and steep, and I would hate to find out on a highway somewhere that I need a better truck.

Chris

sailorand

Past British Columbia Chapter Leader
Great truck Chris. You will love the way the Duramax Pulls.
Hope to see you at the BC Rally in Rock Creek, in June

Delaine and Lindy

Awesome Truck.....

You made a great decision, you now have the most powerful HDTruck on the planet. The Duramax/Allison is a proven Combo and the D/A has just been upgraded to make it better each. Its also the quietest Diesel engine of the Big 3. If you take a look our web site www.webspawner.com/users/lnhdch You will know we Love the GM Trucks and its because of the Duramax/Allsion. GBY.

wyleyrabbit

Great truck Chris. You will love the way the Duramax Pulls.
Hope to see you at the BC Rally in Rock Creek, in June

Rand,

We would love to go to the rally, but the baby's due date is June 30th, and we know due dates are about as accurate as long-term weather forecasts. ;)

We'll have to plan for the next one.

Chris

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Thank you to everyone for all of your help and insight with our decision to purchase what we believe to be the ultimate trailer and truck capable of safely towing it, no matter what.

I am very pleased to report that we now have a huge new black truck in our driveway, purchased for towing our brand new Bighorn 3055RL which we got keys for yesterday. :D:D:D

We haven't had the hitch installed yet, and I think that'll be sometime this week. The truck needs to go at least another 500 km before she'll be ready to tow. And I need to get my new drivers' license so I'm legal to tow here in BC. Details, details, details.

I'm looking forward to many wonderful trips in our new weekend getaway home, wherever we decide to tow it to, with my wonderful wife, incredible son (who turns 9 this week), our lab puppy, and our baby that is expected to arrive at the end of June.

Here's to hopefully meeting as many new friends as possible, here, there, and everywhere.

Cheers,
Chris

Sweet choice! I'm still breaking in mine. Only have about 150 miles on it so far.

slmayor

Founding California Northern Chapter Leader
Congratulations! I don't know anything about the GMC's, but I do know you'll never be sorry you bought the dually. :) The difference in handling is pretty amazing.

sailorand

Past British Columbia Chapter Leader
Chris
you could have the baby in Grand forks. It is not too much further down the road. haha. Good luck and keep us informed.

pmmjarrett

Not just tired..... RETIRED!!!
Nice combination;)....... even though I'm not a chebby fan. Congrats.

As far as it being the most powerfull HD truck on the planet.... Not even close, a class 3 dually is an LD truck, not an MD or HD and a Duramax V8 isn't put in anything bigger than a class 5 LOL.None

Now drive it like you stole it and break it in right.

One recommendation, get some airbags or Timbrens on it and it'll really help the ride when towing the Bighorn.

PacMan4x4

WYLEY....

Congrats on the purchase of your truck and 5er...I'm sure you'll have great times in your travels. Still waiting to get our BH 3055 on the road for the first time.

Pac Man

Delaine and Lindy

Choices are choices and each has his on. Again you have a Awesome Truck. And I don't think you will need any gadgets on the GMC 3500, it will handle the pin weight. GBY....

Last edited:

wyleyrabbit

Thanks. That's great info. We're thrilled with the truck, very excited about the RV, and a little overwhelmed with the prospect of towing this beast. I think we've picked the best of everything though, so now it's time to do some serious learning.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
As far as it being the most powerfull HD truck on the planet.... Not even close, a class 3 dually is an LD truck, not an MD or HD and a Duramax V8 isn't put in anything bigger than a class 5 LOL.None
:D:D:D Mike, I'm guessing he's referring to the 1 ton group of GM, Ford and Dodge. Highest factory stock HP & Torque???:D By the way! Wyleyrabbit. A verg good deed you have done. Congrats and welcome to the family.

Delaine and Lindy

1 ton Trucks................

Ray your correct, guess I was wrong I thought eveyone new just what you said. Ray I quit a long time ago trying to convince people what kind of Truck GM builds. I hope everyone is happy with their choice, and the Big 3 makes a great Trucks. Its just my choice to drive a GM Truck and will buy GM as long as I have a need for a Truck or as long as there is a GM Corp. If they go under it will then give me a excuse to go with a Class 8 Truck, Frieghtliner, Volvo or Navistar. I have been in and around Trucks all my life and I Love Big Trucks. When I quit running 48 States and Canada I got out of a Peterbilt with a Detroit 60 series because Cummins didn't get as good of fuel mileage and I love the fuel mileage bonus every month. Wish I had that Pete today. So everyone who is in need of a Truck go buy one today, Ford, Dodge or GM, however I recomend the GM Trucks, would you have ever guessed that:D:D:D. GBY.....