Time to go Camping

lmcclure

1st Tennessee Member#1084
This weekend in South Eastern Tennessee we had some of the best weather. High was in upper 60's and sunshine Sat. and around 1pm on Sunday it came out again. Today is gonna be in 70's. Cleaned the truck and DW's car. Gonna wash the sundance today when I get home from errands. I am ready to go camping how about you?:D

jpmorgan37

When I got up, it was 34 and the sun is coming up now. We are camping. I'm going to clean my brides car today and get all of the sand and surf off of it. We've been digging Razor Clams the past three days. Life is good.

John

jpmorgan37

Did I mention that we are in the Pacific Northwest on the Washington coast? And that an hour ago the sun was coming up? Well now, it's snowing. However, I expect that to change and the sun will shine again and I'll get the car washed. Life is still good.

John

lmcclure

70 outside today and cloudy. They are calling for showers late tonight. We are right on the extreme south east corner at tennessee and georgia. Only clams we get are shipped in. I envy you. We have some mean BBQ and cornbread though.

SmokeyBare

Was in the high 70's today... Spring Hill Fla area... Nary a flake of snow in sight... :)... but then... no digging for Razor Clams either :(

I do remember the fine Sea Food in Washington State... oh yes... the fresh berries and veggies as well... Yummy !

Lee & Linda... are you in a RV Park? Or on your own lot? We liked the Tenn area... we stayed at Hixson Tenn... it was a County Park... Chester Frost Park... really nice... I'm always looking for new areas to explore.

Marv

lmcclure

Hey there Marv,
We live in Harrison which is right across the river from Chester Frost. We are 2 miles south of Harrison Bay State Park. There is plenty to do in this area with the battle fields, Point Park ,Rock City, the Aquarium, River Front, Delta Queen, and such. We are from here, but in the process of getting ready to hit the trail and move to Cedar Park Texas in the next year. It will be our home base and we will be traveling a lot more. Take care and if you are in this area give me a shout.

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Hi Linda & Lee - We live just north of you in Lenoir City. When ya'll head toward Gatlinburg/Townsend/Pigeon Forge area give us a call (865-988-6768) and maybe we can get together for a weekend. Yes - we are ready for spring to get here!!! We haven't been out since December and looks like Bristol races will be our first outing this season. Normally we try to get out before then but this winter has been kind of unusual so the races will just have to be the first.

lmcclure

Hey There Nabo,
Linda and I belong to a Good Sam's club that camps once a month, usually we try to camp within 120 miles of Chattanooga and we have 2 camp outs coming up that you and your family would be very welcome at. You don't have to belong to the club to camp out and if you like it then you might want to hook up with a club in your area or join up with us. We have some families in our group that have children and those of us that have grown children brin the grandchildren. The first campout is April 10-11 at Ripplin Waters in Sierville, we will go up on Thursday night the 9th and leave on Sunday Morning. Then in June we are camping at the Sweetwater KOA. The 12-13, again we will arrive on the night of the 11th. If you would like to join us when you make reservations tell them that you are with the Dixie Travelers Good Sam Club. On Thursday night's you eat on your own, on Friday night we get together and either have hot dogs or hamburgers, or some times if there is a good rest. in the area we go out. We get together on Sat. Morning for pot luck breakfast, and on Sat. Night we have a pot luck dinner. After breakfast we have a short meeting to discuss travel plans. No one is obligated for anything but we eat well and have a lot of fun. PM me if you are interested. Oh yeah it's 36 here today and killer winds. I am over the cold and wet. I want summer!

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Lee,

Don't complain too much about the weather. It could get worse. We now have 6-10 inches of snow predicted for overnight here in Northern Virginia:eek::mad:.

Gus

lmcclure

Bless you Gus, you and Debra better put another log on the fire. They have talked about 10 - 12 inches for you on the weather channel. It seems to have just skirted us here. It has dumped 12" in Birmingham and is snowing in Atlanta now. We could still get some. Take care and keep warm.

Lee

lmcclure

supposed to be in 70's this weekend, going to clean the fiver inside and out. We are going camping next Thursday through the weekend. We can hardly wait. Last year it snowed, this year it is supposed to rain but we don't care.

boatto5er

Not going camping, but de-winterizing, cleaning, and adding new accessories (digital thermostat, clock, other odds and ends).

klindgren

Retired Virginia Chapter Leaders
Sure must be nice Gus. Just wish I had a camper to de-winterize. I know it will be here before too long, but just listening to you all talk about going camping makes me want to go...hmmm I wonder if I could break out the old tent for the next couple weeks...None

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Linda/Lee - I think we are going ahead and run down to Caney Creek campground in Midtown/Kingston area tomorrow. We haven't de-winterized the BC yet so this will be a good chance to do that before pulling to Bristol for the races, bbbut also it will be the first campout for the new puppy. We have visited K-Town Sam Club but haven't camped with them. As of right now with our schedule, it looks like July will be the earliest we can get together with them. We might be able to come with ya'll in June tho. email me direct at natbyrd@hotmail.com.

boatto5er

Sure must be nice Gus. Just wish I had a camper to de-winterize. I know it will be here before too long, but just listening to you all talk about going camping makes me want to go...hmmm I wonder if I could break out the old tent for the next couple weeks...None

Keith,

It'll seem like forever before the new Landmark gets here, but it will be VERY much worth the wait! Let's cross our fingers and maybe it'll come in early!:D