skinky poo

landp

For some reason my 3210 really stinks on this trip. I did have the graywater value open this morning but have closed it since. Should they be open or closed and yes I am connected to sewage.

The p-traps should stop any smell from sinks and the showers so I doubt that is the problem.

The only thing that should be an issue is the toliet? even if its the toliet, I leave the fan onand that should draw out the smell. can anyone give me ideals to check on why I am getting this skinky smell.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
I have found that if I leave the gray water valves open I sometimes get a foul smell. Also I have been told (and it makes sense) if you leave your gray water valve open any debris may stick in the tank, dry and then you end up with possible odor problems. If you keep it closed until it is at least 1/2 full and then drain, any debris washes out with the water. Try it and see if that helps.

vangoes

The only thing that should be an issue is the toliet? even if its the toliet, I leave the fan onand that should draw out the smell. can anyone give me ideals to check on why I am getting this skinky smell.[/quote]

I have found if you leave the exaust fan on all the time sometimes it will actually pull odor out of the black tank into the camper when you flush the toilet. Its especially bad on those "heavy/humid" days.