broken plastic soap dish in shower

andy

I broke the soap dish in the shower on my 3600rl . does anybody know how to remove the rod that holds the soap dish so i can install the new one . i tried to remove the plastic end caps but thought i was going to break them . has anybody done this before.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Andy, I wish I could help but our soap holder is integrated into the fiberglass shower surround. Maybe you could post a picture so members would have a better idea of your particular situation. Thanks

Andy, I have had ours off and they slide out from the shower wall. They are tight. Using small flat bar or screwdriver they will come off. I had to remove mine to replace the steel screws that the factory had installed with stainless screws. I had rust coming down the shower wall. Easy does it and be careful.

leftyf

SSG Stumpy-VA Terrorist
I broke the soap dish in the shower on my 3600rl . does anybody know how to remove the rod that holds the soap dish so i can install the new one . i tried to remove the plastic end caps but thought i was going to break them . has anybody done this before.

Sorry, can't help...mine broke off the first time I put a bar of soap on it.

cjbearden

Visitor
Ours was broke when we bought the Augusta. I took it off immediately on first PDI tour!! We use the suction cup soap dishes from Camping World. They also have other suction cup items that are great for Shampoo bottles.

andy

soap dish

Andy, I have had ours off and they slide out from the shower wall. They are tight. Using small flat bar or screwdriver they will come off. I had to remove mine to replace the steel screws that the factory had installed with stainless screws. I had rust coming down the shower wall. Easy does it and be careful.
Thanks jim for the information without that info I may have broke them . I also put in the s/s screws an rtv sealer while I had them off