outside speakers

i have a 09 3210 cyclone and the only way i have found to turn off the outside speakers is to adjust the balance to the left side which cuts out the left side speakers in the living area too!! this is unsat so I just pulled the wires on the outside speakers so the campers around us don't have to listen to what we are. my question is: is there anyway to turn off the outside speakers without losing half your speakers on the inside of the camper and without disconnecting the wires on the outside speakers? i have looked on the owners forum and they say to adjust the fader, but this doesn't cut out the outside speakers only the balance will do that!! thanks for any help you are able to render.

Mike Aplin

This can actually be done, however, it can be a little tricky. There is about a three step process to make this happen. The only way that I/we can really explain it to you though is if you are actually standing in front of the stereo in your unit. Give me a shout at 574-266-8726, and Erick and I will do our best to walk you through it together.

Found mine was miswired from the factory. Once I took the head unit out and read the wiring diagrams in the manual I zoned the Jensen properly.

Mike I have called Eric to find out how to get tv to play in speakers, but have never heard back. I've tried everything I can think of with wiring..... called jensen no help.. Please call me at 334-224-5527 Thanks Tate.. This is on a 2009 3950 cyclone

Rockerga

Full-time WANNABE
A: you have a bad radio
B: It is mis-wired

It is one or the other or even both but that is it. The fader is used for inside and out the balance is for left and right. My old Jenson unit was as bad so I replaced it with a high quality car stereo. (AM/FM/XM/IPod/MP3/Aux (For television)

I made a panel for it out of smoke-colored lexan to look custom and fit without looking cheap.

rogerlouden

I have the 09 3950 cyclone and cannot figure out the speakers either. They made it with so high tec that it's worthless. Not many 16 year kids can afford these campers and us old timers can't figure them out. I did have some younger kids looking at it and it left them scratching their heads too.

Roger

Mike Aplin

I am sorry for getting back to all of your questions for the past couple of days. I am currently out of the office and sometimes the wireless connections in the hotels leave a little to be desired. My question to all of you on the stereo issues is, have you tried our customer service? If you would please contact our customer service, maybe we can get all of you an acceptable solution to all of your stereo questions in a timely fashion. Take care. Mike

Rigmover06

Outside speakers.

On our 3950 I have to adjust the fader all the way to the rear to shut the outside speakers off.
I thought it was controlled by the Dual Zone but I was wrong.

Thats my .02 worth.

smday

A buddy of mine has a trailer (Raptor) with outside speakers shut off as well as the subwoofer shut off. Now wouldn't this be easier if all the cyclones had this too. Probably an additional 20 bucks in material. Also when the kids watch movies you want the whole effect from all inside speakers, and don't want to listen to what there watching outside. This feature should be added at the factory. if your unit is not equipped with the switch find the outside speaker wires and add one.