Slides in 3055

DickO

We looked at a 3055 once. We now are ready to buy but, there are non in our area. My question is, with the slides in, are you able to open the refrigerator?

jimtoo

Hi DickO,

First let me welcome you to the Heartland Owners Forum and the Heartland Family.

I have a 3055RL and yes, you can open the refrigerator door, but not all the way. It is enough to use, get anything in and out. Will open about 50- 60 degrees I would say, not 90 degrees. But we have no problem stopping and eating or buying groceries and putting them away. The 3055 is a great choice. We love ours.

Jim M

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
DICKO, you should be able to get to just about anything you want in a 3055. The only exception would be the bedroom dresser drawers. You would have to climb over the bed to get to the closet. Bob:D

Barry & Alana

Hi, we also have the 3055. When we recv'd our new 3055, we recv'd a unit with the fridge door opening from the left to the right. WE could not access the inside of the fridge without putting the large slide out. That did not sit well with us. So, we had the dealer reverse the door so it would open from the left to right. We had to pay for that service - so heads up to anyone buying a new unit - check the fridge doors for the correct opening with the slides closed. Whoever installed that fridge in the factory had huge dose of dummy pills thats morning. I just think common sense would prevail in something like a fridge door.

But all is well now. So enjoy your new unit!

DougLynne

retired Alberta Chapter Leaders
We also have a 2007 3055 and the door came installed so that it can be used. At the RV show we saw other Heartland models with a similar arrangement and the door were all installed "correctly". I believe this is std. now../Doug

nscaler2

Flipped door

Our 2006 also came with the door installed backwards (not able to open with slide in. We also paid to have it reversed.:eek: I think they all came that way previous to 2007.

BobSue

DICKO, you should be able to get to just about anything you want in a 3055. The only exception would be the bedroom dresser drawers. You would have to climb over the bed to get to the closet. Bob:D

You cannot get to the pantry door to the left of the refrigerator at all with the slide in.

Nice thing is with the valves on the hydraulic unit; you can open just the big slide and just open a little to get full access to refig if more is needed. Without the valves that slide is the last to move.

ChopperBill

The Dometic doors open the wrong way for a 3055 if they are not ordered the proper way. Ours had to be changed. Which requires a kit. The newer 3055 are suppose to open the right way for access. So if yours doesn't I would make the dealer fix it, no charge.

sailorand

Past British Columbia Chapter Leader
thanks to this forum, we had the door switched on our unit as part of the deal. The kit costs $5 or so, it is a couple of plastic plugs to fill in the holes left during the switch

fishinrvr

We have a 2009 3055 and no problems getting in the fridge with the slides in. The feature we found really helpful on the road is that we can stop to cook a meal without putting out any slides…which is really nice where space is limited.