New Sundance 2998RB

tmcran

Well, I jumped in and did it. Dealer is installing Reese PRO 15K . Does this sound like a good hitch for this unit? Any other commects re: the Sundance would be appreciated.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
I use a Reese 16K with my Sundance 2900MK, but that is primarily because my son got it for half price where he works. However, I think the 15K should be good with your current rig. If you ever go with a bigger rig, you'll probably want to upgrade.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Hey Tom, Welcome to the Heartland Family and Forum. The 15K Reese pro will be fine capacity wise. The great thing about that hitch is it won't let loose of the pin unless you want it to. The down side is it has a bit more "Play" in the hole the pin sits in which will allow a little movement and this will be noticeable while towing. I know a few Sundance owners and they are happy with their purchase. They also make good prospective Bighorn buyers. :D

tmcran

Thanks for the info. I like the idea of the 15K PRO having the 4 way movement. They have not installed it yet. That will be tomorrow when I do the PDI. Would it be worth the extra to get a different hitch?

tmcran

Follow up. Got the RV two days ago. Hitch works fine. Spent about 3 hrs on the PDI and dealer very helpful.

Took on 35 mile trip(on interstate) to the ranch and over 6 miles of gravel and dirt roads. When I got ready to set it up the trim over the large slide was hanging down, the door trim in the bunk- bedroom was gapped open about 1/4 inch.and one drawer was open. Not at all impressed with the QC.
All systems seemed to be working fine and no leaks detected. On PDI found almost all the connections to the plumbing were not tight and one seal in the back bathroom would not hold water and was relaced(again QC). Hope the fit and finish problems are the only ones I find. Overall I like the floor plan and no major problems so far.