Bad Acid Dude

landp

Well I found the problem of the stinky poo smell. Well at least the symptom. My battery was over heating causing the acid to boil. At least it didnt blowup. I disconnected and its cooled down. It was almost to hot to touch. Now I plan on taking the trailer to have it serviced to find out why it happend.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
I forgot about that. We had the same thing happen to our battery. The battery is shorted internally and needs to be replaced. This can happen from overcharging also. Also if the battery runs out of water. Be sure and check the water in the battery frequently and if you need to add water use distilled water. Chemicals in tap water can shorten a battery life.

TXBobcat

Fulltime
I know this may cause a debate, but I had an International Battery in my previous SOB 5er. During the first 6 mo of use I lost a converter. Only the charging part had gone bad. Had it repalced and about 6 mo later another converter. Could not find out what was causing the problem until I tested the battery. Never would fully charge. I took it out and put it on my bench and put a charger on it for a full day.. Never got to full charge. Took the battery to Auto Zone and had it tested. Found it had a shorted cell.

That was the third Interstate Battery that I had go bad. I believe that is what caused both converters to go out.

I will never again use an International Battery.

That is my 2¢ on the subject..
BC

geeksrus

I know this may cause a debate, but I had an International Battery in my previous SOB 5er. During the first 6 mo of use I lost a converter. Only the charging part had gone bad. Had it repalced and about 6 mo later another converter. Could not find out what was causing the problem until I tested the battery. Never would fully charge. I took it out and put it on my bench and put a charger on it for a full day.. Never got to full charge. Took the battery to Auto Zone and had it tested. Found it had a shorted cell.

That was the third Interstate Battery that I had go bad. I believe that is what caused both converters to go out.

I will never again use an International Battery.

That is my 2¢ on the subject..
BC

Interstate or International?????

Eh!

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
I don't know what the deal is but I am on our 3rd Interstate Battery in our Landmark within 1 year. All of them have had at least 1 dead cell. One of them actually went bad within 1 day. Interstate Battery in Conroe Texas has been good in adjusting them but whoever manufactures their batteries may want to take a look at why they seem to be have a higher than normal failure rate.