Military Campground Usage

leftyf

SSG Stumpy-VA Terrorist
If you are active duty, retired, or disabled at 100% there are a lot of military camp grounds available to you.

This site has been recently updated and has a really good new look. Military Campgrounds for Fun and Frolic

He also sells a CD of the available campgrounds that allows for updates anytime you want to check on them.

I have asked him about the possibility of getting a list of those campgrounds that are handicapped accessible. If he provides it to me or will allow me to glean the information from his CD, I will post it here.

My 100% rating gives me access to the campgrounds and the ability to hang out with the other old f*rts swapping war stories.:D

sforgetst

I "leftyf",

I am Canadian and work at RCMP (Royal Canadian Mountain Police, red suit!!!).

Do you think it is open for me?

Serge

leftyf

SSG Stumpy-VA Terrorist
I "leftyf",

I am Canadian and work at RCMP (Royal Canadian Mountain Police, red suit!!!).

Do you think it is open for me?

Serge

Well, tell Sergeant Preston hello for me...as well as the Mounties at Mucho Lake!

As for your question, I'd have to say with no reservations, "Dunno..."

Find a camp you want to stay at and give them a call. So much of who can stay where is open to the local commander to the point that some of the Milcamps are just about open to the public. Contacting the camp cordinator would be your best bet.

I do know that a lot of THE MILCAMPS use volunteers...and if you wanted to stay awhile that might be a way to go. The Mounties and the US Military have a long history of supporting each other..give them a call.

I'm looking into the volunteer aspect myself...I'd sure rather stay with a bunch of rowdy, military people than a bunch of olde farts at at National Campground.

nemo45

I think retired DOD civilians, which is what I am, are eligable too. That is if you have an ID card. I believe active DOD civilians are too. Although there is a priority list if the campground is near full.

leftyf

SSG Stumpy-VA Terrorist
I think retired DOD civilians, which is what I am, are eligable too. That is if you have an ID card. I believe active DOD civilians are too. Although there is a priority list if the campground is near full.

The local commander calls all the shots...I posted the entire DA Directive here that listed all the rules and regs for Army Campgrounds. Find it and read it...it gives you all the who and whats that you need to know.

sforgetst

Thanks for your ansewers.

The one I was looking for is the David Monthan Air Force Base in Tucson Az. I'm probably be there march 9, on my way to Yuma Az., for 2 weeks. After that direction Las Vegas for april 2 for Cirque du Soleil "O"...

Serge

Jimmyt5

From there web

Authorized UsersActive, National Guard, Reservists, Retired, 100% DAV, DoD civilians, guests.

leftyf

SSG Stumpy-VA Terrorist
From there web

Authorized UsersActive, National Guard, Reservists, Retired, 100% DAV, DoD civilians, guests.

Again, it all depends on the local commander. The campgrounds have gone NAF and in the interest of making money or breaking even many of the campgrounds have been opened up to the general public.

Army Regulation 215–1 should be here. And, it's pretty much the law for all Army Milcamps. The rules are different for each service outside of the users you so kindly put up.

Not all military campgrounds allow DoD civilians (retired or active) access. There's another FAQ on DoD using military campgrounds. Even if authorized to use the campground, proving your status as a retired DoD civilian can be confusing. Unfortunately, there's no simple answer.
There is NO standardized government ID card for retired D0D civilians. When asked, the Office of Pesonnel Managment (OPM) confirms this card does not exist. However, retired D0D civlians who worked for the US Air Force can obtain an AF Form 354 - Civilian Identification Card.
Retired DoD civilians who worked for the US Army can obtain a DA Form 1602 - Civilian Identification Card. Since there's no mention of "retired" civilians being authorized this ID card in the regulations, you may be denied.
A Department of the Army letter was released in 2004 to help clarify this issue

truknutt

Committed Member
Thanks for your ansewers.

The one I was looking for is the David Monthan Air Force Base in Tucson Az. I'm probably be there march 9, on my way to Yuma Az., for 2 weeks. After that direction Las Vegas for april 2 for Cirque du Soleil "O"...

Serge

Serge,

Here is the link to the Davis-Monthan AFB FamCamp.

I did see this: Our rates are: ID Card Holders - $16/Night, Sponsored Guests - $20/Night

There is an e-mail address for General Questions in the right margin. Shoot them a query, all they can do is say "No".

Jimmyt5

Again, it all depends on the local commander. The campgrounds have gone NAF and in the interest of making money or breaking even many of the campgrounds have been opened up to the general public.

The info I posted was from that campground.

I am staying right now at MacDill, The Air Force now doesnt require a sticker,but they do want a ID card.

They pull a car over every so often and check their paperwork for the car.

Oceana has a great closed gate park and you have the sound of freedom overhead. lol

PacMan4x4

Yeppers....no sticker required at AF installations anymore, but do need the ID card. How is that Macdill campround? I'm headin' to Louisiana this upcoming weekend to the Barksdale Fam Camp.