PDA

View Full Version : 2009 Illinois Rally

katkens
02-12-2009, 08:54 AM
Hello all Illinois ( and other nearby ) Heartlanders. I am now planning our 2009 Rally. I would appreciate all suggestions , ideas for this years grand get together. Looking forward to meeting old friends and making new ones .

The Details:

Location: Double J Campground : www.doublejcampground.com (http://www.doublejcampground.com/). In Chatham , Illinois just 15 minutes south of Springfield.

Date: October 2-3-4.

Sites: We have 12 sites at this time reserved they are rows E & F. I can get more if needed . Sites will be held till 3 weeks before Rally Date.

Cost: We have a discount of rate of $28.00 a night based on 10 rigs. If we are short our rate will be $30.00. These sites are all full hook-ups and pull-thru

Reservations can be made starting April 2 ,2009 . It has been requested to use this toll free number when making reservations 1-888-483-9998. Please make sure that you tell them that you are reserving for the Heartland Rally .

There is a discussion thread in the forum section Heartland Owners Club-Regions & Chapters....Central Region... Illinois Section . Please let me know if you are planning on attending and if / when reservations have been made.

.................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ...........

Friday:Greet, meet , evening campfire get together. ( bring chairs/drinks) P.S. Friday evening campfire..... bring ideas for next years rally location, tentative dates and must be able to reserve 15 sites. Illinois owners not able to attend this year , please , post here , P.M. or e-mail me.

Saturday:Meet , get together, sightseeing....... Evening Potluck 6:00 P.M.

Ok...time for the action to begin but be gentle on me for my first time planning a Rally. ;).....Kenny...oh an Kathy

Attendees: T-tentative R-reservations confirmed

Potluck Dishes

1. R- katkens - Ken & Kathy.................BBQ pulled pork, 2 pies
2. R- Del600 - Mark, Jennifer & Lauren...
3. R- Jim Beletti - Jim & Nancy ...........corn casserole
4. R- Cemill - CE & Jackie....................
5. R- kkamshop - Ken & Kathy.............cheesy potatoes
6 .R- Khalsey - Keith & Diana...............
7. R- traveler44- Tom & Mary..............chicken casserole & cheesecake
8. R- Dave Tressell - Dave & Lee..........
9. R- Netem - Neil & Sharon................baked beans & Pina Colada cake
10.R- cdaniels - Jan & Cathy...............
11.R-chasdvorak - Chuck & Reggie....... cinnamon coffee cake

Paul & Nan
02-12-2009, 02:05 PM
Just a thought, holidays are not always the best time for travel, or to get reservations for so many sites. Unless there are folks with children, perhaps later in September might be better. Paul and I would be interested in the rally, and if you need any special help give a shout. Nan

katkens
02-12-2009, 08:58 PM
Just a thought, holidays are not always the best time for travel, or to get reservations for so many sites. Unless there are folks with children, perhaps later in September might be better. Paul and I would be interested in the rally, and if you need any special help give a shout. Nan

Nan you are probably right on Labor day , will leave it for a bit and see what folks think. I put up some more dates maybe will work, the rest of September we have prior commitments. I guess the end of August might be best is about the same dates as last years and was nice.
Thanks.....Kenny

jbeletti
02-15-2009, 09:48 PM
I can most likely make the October date.

Jim

Paul & Nan
02-15-2009, 10:15 PM
October is probably better for us too, we usually do a late fall vacation. We are still looking at doing the Escapees trip in May as well. Nan

katkens
02-15-2009, 10:51 PM
October is probably better for us too, we usually do a late fall vacation. We are still looking at doing the Escapees trip in May as well. Nan
Thanks Nan....just got another request for October.....Kenny

TRAVELER07
02-15-2009, 10:56 PM
Kenny we can prob make Oct TRAVELER07

katkens
02-15-2009, 11:06 PM
Kenny we can prob make Oct TRAVELER07

Thanks Rick looking forward to seeing you and Blanca again.....Kenny

kkamshop
02-16-2009, 06:58 AM
If you could stand to have another Kenny & Kathy, we could come on the dates in October :)

katkens
02-16-2009, 08:44 AM
If you could stand to have another Kenny & Kathy, we could come on the dates in October :)

Thanks, the more the merrier. I guess the best thing about our names is it will be easier to remember ,at the gathering. There is getting to be a lot of us Ken & Kathy's , guess at some point we will have to start numbering each couple.:D I will update things this afternoon after I talk to the CG again and get a tentitive list started......Kenny

katkens
03-05-2009, 09:48 PM
I finally got things pretty well finalized with the Campground and they will be starting to take reservations April 2. Please read starter thread for some updated info and requested phone number for making reservations. Please let me know on this thread when reservations are made or if planning on attending.......Kenny

Paul & Nan
05-20-2009, 09:12 PM
Katkens- messed up replying to your message, but we are hoping to go in Oct as it is only 45min from home for us. Still anything can go wrong. Just now we are packing up to go to Sedalia for the Escapees rally. Will be leaving on Sat. If you are there look us up or we will look for you. Nan

katkens
05-21-2009, 11:30 AM
Katkens- messed up replying to your message, but we are hoping to go in Oct as it is only 45min from home for us. Still anything can go wrong. Just now we are packing up to go to Sedalia for the Escapees rally. Will be leaving on Sat. If you are there look us up or we will look for you. Nan

No problem, Nan , hope it all works out. I know its hard to plan things far in advance. We are not going to Sedalia , Kat has to work and I need many new toys. We will see you in Goshen and tell all the folks in Sedalia hello. Hope you all have a wonderful time, wish we were joining all of you....Kenny

P.S.....We are meeting up with JimB for dinner tonight and will try an put him in a good mood so he's not cranky when he gets to Sedalia :D

jimtoo
05-21-2009, 04:58 PM
P.S.....We are meeting up with JimB for dinner tonight and will try an put him in a good mood so he's not cranky when he gets to Sedalia :D

If you put food in front of Jim B, lot's of food, he will be happy.:D At least for a few hours.:rolleyes:

Jim M

jbeletti
05-21-2009, 05:29 PM
If you put food in front of Jim B, lot's of food, he will be happy.:D At least for a few hours.:rolleyes:

Jim M

Very true Jimmie. I miss Bette's breakfast burritos!

Jim

Del600
05-28-2009, 11:02 AM
OK, I will put this on my calendar and check with the wife.

Ray LeTourneau
06-24-2009, 12:51 PM
Ken & Kathy, Please change our T (tentative) to an R (confirmed). I made our reservations today with Sue at Double J. We're scheduled in on the 1st. See you then.

katkens
06-24-2009, 02:18 PM
Ken & Kathy, Please change our T (tentative) to an R (confirmed). I made our reservations today with Sue at Double J. We're scheduled in on the 1st. See you then.

Gotcha Ray. Looking forward to meeting up again , see ya in October.....Kenny

Paul & Nan
06-29-2009, 09:42 PM
Want to clairify, you say Oct 2,3,4, is that leaving the 4th, or the 5th? Never quite know what folks mean. We are starting to request the days off. Nan

katkens
06-30-2009, 08:02 AM
Want to clairify, you say Oct 2,3,4, is that leaving the 4th, or the 5th? Never quite know what folks mean. We are starting to request the days off. Nan

Nan , thats leaving on Sunday. I think all the folks I have talked to are coming early most arriving on Thursday the 1st. We will be arriving on Wednesday and and meet up with some of the out of State early arrivals. I am not sure if some are staying over Sunday night and leaving Monday, maybe they will shout back at us and I can list early arrivals and late stayers....Kenny

jbeletti
06-30-2009, 11:50 AM
I am arriving Wednesday and leaving Sunday. I could stay another night if anything is going on Sunday. That time of year, it's easy to tack on a Sunday night according to the office. I just spoke to them to confirm my reservation. They told me only 4 rigs are confirmed. C'mon you "tentatives" - time to "firm-up" :)

Jim

Paul & Nan
06-30-2009, 05:23 PM
Just requested off Thurs-Sun. Paul will make reservations in the morning. We might be able to come in Wed after work, if I get off at 5. Won't know till a week out. Nan

kkamshop
06-30-2009, 06:05 PM
Ok, mark us as an "R" cause I just made our reservations. We'll be coming in on Friday and leaving Sunday.

katkens
06-30-2009, 11:18 PM
Just requested off Thurs-Sun. Paul will make reservations in the morning. We might be able to come in Wed after work, if I get off at 5. Won't know till a week out. Nan
Thanks Nan will make the changes.....See ya on Wednesday nite.:D Kenny

katkens
06-30-2009, 11:21 PM
Ok, mark us as an "R" cause I just made our reservations. We'll be coming in on Friday and leaving Sunday.

Ok....Ken & Kathy ....( such nice names ) :D.....will update the register ...thanks....Kenny

Paul & Nan
07-01-2009, 07:18 PM
Paul made our reservations today, arriving on Thursday, leaving on Sunday. See ya'll there. Looking forward to Margaritaville. Nan

Paul & Nan
08-13-2009, 12:05 AM
Just wondering-haven't heard any further info on the rally- are there any folks out there that do not know about it that might want to come??? How do we let them know??? I know there must be a lot of Heartland owners from Illinois out there. See ya all in Oct. Nan

Netem
08-21-2009, 04:51 PM
Kenny, just made reservations. We will be there fri around noon. Take care and put in for some good weather. Neil

katkens-DW
08-21-2009, 05:20 PM
Great news neil already have your badges made see you there----Kathy:D

katkens
08-21-2009, 07:29 PM
Kenny, just made reservations. We will be there fri around noon. Take care and put in for some good weather. Neil

Great to hear you can make it, as far as the weather if its bad its Kathy's fault.:D....Kenny

kkamshop
08-30-2009, 08:05 AM
Hey Cookie, are you bringing the garlic chicken for the pot luck? It sounds good!

Ray LeTourneau
09-04-2009, 07:20 AM
Ken, Lin & I have to cancel our plans for the Rally. Things beyond our control are delaying our progress here and we can't commit to anything until we know for sure how things will work out with my Mom's situation. If things change, we'll give it our best. I've canceled our reservation with the Campground. I'm pretty sure if last minute changes allow us to be there we'll be able to get a spot just maybe not with the Heartland group. Have Fun, It's a good group so I'm sure it will be a blast.

cookie
09-04-2009, 08:19 AM
Hey Cookie, are you bringing the garlic chicken for the pot luck? It sounds good!
You got it! :)

Peace
Dave

katkens-DW
09-04-2009, 09:40 AM
Ray, We will miss you and Lin but i know about moms so you take care of her and you will be in our thoughts and who knows maybe things will work out and you can come. Take care Kathy

katkens-DW
09-04-2009, 09:47 AM
Hay Gang, I have been trying to get Kenny to get started on the pot luck but you know how that goes being retired is hard work so I am glad you all are doing it for him. Cookie the chicken does sound yummy !!!! Maybe Kenny will get something going now. See you all soon Kathy:)

jbeletti
09-04-2009, 03:40 PM
That chicken was awesome.

Kathy - I can do baked beans, corn casserole or fresh garden salad. Let me know what you need.

Thanks,

Jim

boatto5er
09-04-2009, 06:36 PM
Corn caserole, definitely. Wait - I'm not going to be there:mad:. Oh well, I still vote for the Corn Caserole:D!

katkens-DW
09-04-2009, 06:56 PM
We are at the Double J now for the holiday weekend and there is a North Trail,A Sundance and a Big Country Kenny has talked to the people in the Sundance and the Big Country. It has been a good week we got here on Wed. and the weather has been great.I will let you know Jim but corn casserole does sound good. ----Kathy:)

katkens-DW
09-04-2009, 07:07 PM
Hay Gus ,Kenny said he will make home made ICE CREAM if you would come!!!!!!!---Kathy:D

boatto5er
09-04-2009, 09:31 PM
Can't do this year, too close to ours and my boss expects me to work occasionally (the nerve of him:mad:)- maybe next year:).

Gus

Paul & Nan
09-04-2009, 11:07 PM
I can bring most anything for the potluck, let me know. What night will it be? Nan

katkens-DW
09-05-2009, 08:15 AM
Nan, The pot luck will be Saturday we are doing dessert and a meat so you can do a salad or veggie or maybe a veggie tray. Cookie is doing garlic chicken. We will get things together this week (I hope) so everyone knows.Thanks Kathy:)

Netem
09-05-2009, 08:44 AM
Sorry you had to cancel Ray was looking forward to seeing you again. I guess you won't be able to rate my parking this trip lol . I hope everything works out for you guys I know you have to put family first.

katkens-DW
09-06-2009, 08:00 AM
Kenny has posted some stuff on the 1st page if anything is wrong just let us know. Kenny has decided to bring BBQ pulled pork for another meat so maybe someone could bring some baked beans or potato salad that would be great. So just let us know what you want to bring and we will post it the front page. See everyone soon -----Kathy:)

kkamshop
09-06-2009, 09:32 AM
Kathy, I'll bring crockpot cheesy potatoes for Saturday.

Kathy

katkens-DW
09-06-2009, 09:47 AM
Hi Kathy, Gotcha they sound yummy. See you soon Kathy

katkens
09-06-2009, 09:58 AM
Well, just added traveler44 , Tom & Mary , that brings us back up to 10 rigs. Still time to sign up , so let us know if your planning on coming, will be a great time to meet and greet fellow Heartland owners.....Kenny

Paul & Nan
09-06-2009, 09:11 PM
Think I will make a couple loves of homemade onion bread-It has always been a hit when I make it. Will make it there, so it will be fresh. Do we need anything for dessert? Nan

jbeletti
09-07-2009, 11:26 AM
...Do we need anything for dessert? Nan

I love dessert Nan. Are you taking requests :)

katkens-DW
09-07-2009, 01:39 PM
Nan, That would be fine I am going to bring a buttermilk chess pie and a fudge pie. we could always use more dessert. We all love dessert Kathy:)

kkamshop
09-07-2009, 07:18 PM
Amen to that!!

chasdvorak
09-08-2009, 01:21 PM
Count us in...... We were able to bend some schedules and will be attending the 2009 Illinois Rally. My wife made the reservations last week and we'll get caught up on the latest info - including the Pot Luck on Saturday. We plan on arriving on Thursday afternoon with a Sunday morning departure. Looking forward to good friends and a good time.

chasdvorak = Chuck and Reggie Dvorak

2009 Big Horn 3580
2004 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD

katkens
09-08-2009, 02:01 PM
Count us in...... We were able to bend some schedules and will be attending the 2009 Illinois Rally. My wife made the reservations last week and we'll get caught up on the latest info - including the Pot Luck on Saturday. We plan on arriving on Thursday afternoon with a Sunday morning departure. Looking forward to good friends and a good time.

chasdvorak = Chuck and Reggie Dvorak

2009 Big Horn 3580
2004 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD

Thanks....looking forward to seeing and meeting up at rally. There will be a few of us there early , so some of us will have a head start.....Kenny

Netem
09-09-2009, 06:08 PM
Kenny & Kathy, Sharon said she will make a Pina Colada cake and bring baked beans unless there is something different you need.
Neil

katkens-DW
09-09-2009, 06:14 PM
That sounds great Neil we will put you down as soon as Kenny stops playing his game.We will be out of touch for 2 weeks going to the lake so if you need anything call Kenny cell he will be fishing and I will be resting.See you soon Kathy:)

katkens
09-10-2009, 09:18 AM
Kenny & Kathy, Sharon said she will make a Pina Colada cake and bring baked beans unless there is something different you need.
Neil

Hmmm... sounds like I might have to start with desserts , they all sound yummy and never seem to have room for much after the main course. I guess will have to try harder to limit the size of portions.:eek:...Kenny

katkens
09-13-2009, 06:30 PM
Just wanted to let you know we will be leaving Monday for a 10 day camping trip and will probably be unable to check here till we get back.If you have not give me your dishes for the potluck you are bringing please post so others have an idea what else to bring. If there is anyone else wishing to participate in the rally you need to make reservations asp. I will check back here for any updates before we leave so main rally page can be updated and again we we get home.......Kenny

kkamshop
09-24-2009, 07:32 AM
Kenny, do you need us to bring our EZ-up shelter? I didn't know if we had access to a shelter... ours is 10 x 14 I think.

khalsey
09-25-2009, 10:30 AM
Count DW & me in in at the rally. I just made reservations at the Double J campground. We are coming in Thursday from the Red Barn Rendevous campground near Edwardsville where we will be staying while visiting my brother and his DW at Holiday Shores. I wouldn't have waited until this late but DW had surgery 2 weeks ago today and I didn't know if she would feel like going.

katkens-DW
09-25-2009, 11:51 AM
We are glad to hear you can make the rally I have pm you for alittle infor I need see you next week Kathy:)

katkens-DW
09-25-2009, 11:53 AM
Thanks Keith, Kathy:)

katkens
09-25-2009, 05:15 PM
Kenny, do you need us to bring our EZ-up shelter? I didn't know if we had access to a shelter... ours is 10 x 14 I think.

We have the shelter for Saturdays potluck and they said they see no problems for using it for any other gathering if need be , so think we are ok.....Thanks.......Kenny

Del600
09-28-2009, 01:03 PM
Well better late than never.
Jennifer, Lauren and Myself will be attending.
We just booked our site.
Will be there Friday afternoon, leaving Sunday.

Looking forward to meeting everyone!!!!

Mark Dehlman

jbeletti
09-28-2009, 03:31 PM
Well better late than never.
Jennifer, Lauren and Myself will be attending.
We just booked our site.
Will be there Friday afternoon, leaving Sunday.

Looking forward to meeting everyone!!!!

Mark Dehlman

Cool - see you there. Nancy and I will arrive Thursday early afternoon and leave Sunday.

Jim

kkamshop
09-28-2009, 07:16 PM
Is anyone staying Sunday night? We just found out we don't have to be anywhere Monday morning.

katkens-DW
09-28-2009, 07:29 PM
Kathy, We are staying till Monday I am off till Wed . See you in a few days Kathy:)

katkens-DW
09-28-2009, 07:32 PM
Mark , Glad to see you are going to make it. we will see you there.Kathy:)

katkens-DW
09-28-2009, 07:44 PM
Okay Mark I have your badges made. Let the party began Kathy:)

katkens
09-28-2009, 08:00 PM
Is anyone staying Sunday night? We just found out we don't have to be anywhere Monday morning.

I guess that means if we stay over together we have to call each other, Hey You. :D...Kenny

jbeletti
09-28-2009, 10:16 PM
Since Nancy is joining me, we have to leave for home Sunday :( She has to go to work Monday. Someone's gotta bring home the bacon. May as well be her :)

Del600
09-29-2009, 11:15 AM
Okay Mark I have your badges made. Let the party began Kathy:)

Kathy

Thanks, we are exctied to meet everyone.

Jennifer is trying to come up with a dish in the dutch oven.....

We (she) wil probably make a game time decision :)

See ya Friday!!

mjatwalker
09-29-2009, 05:26 PM
We just returned from our VA fall rally in the OBX hope you guys are blessed with great weather and good times.

Mike

Paul & Nan
09-30-2009, 02:15 AM
Sorry we will not be able to make it to the rally. My Dad passed away Saturday evening. His funeral is this Friday. Had to hold off for my girls to get here. Will see you all down the road as our reason for staying put is gone. Will probably spend part of the winter in Texas, then wander up to Oregon and Washington in time for granddaughters graduation from OSU in June. Nan and Paul

katkens-DW
09-30-2009, 05:32 AM
Nan and Paul, We are sorry to hear about your dad you and your family will be in our thoughts and prayers.Take care Kathy

kkamshop
09-30-2009, 07:23 AM
Nan & Paul, so sorry for your loss... safe travels.

jbeletti
09-30-2009, 07:26 AM
Paul and Nan,

Sorry for your loss. Maybe we'll catch up with you in TX in February. Take care,

Jim

cdaniels
09-30-2009, 07:13 PM
Unfortunately, we are not going to be able to join you this weekend. The other half of my two gal office was called out of state for her Grandfather's funeral. I am now unable to get the time off of work. I can't tell you how much we were looking forward to meeting everyone. We are new to camping in luxury, as we went from a pop-up to our 2008 Bighorn 3670. Pulled it for the first time this July up to MN and were excited to have another opportunity to get on the road. Maybe next year. Hope you all have a great time.

Not Happy Campers,
Jan and Cathy Daniels

jbeletti
09-30-2009, 07:48 PM
Jan and Cathy,

We'll miss you guys.

Jim

katkens
09-30-2009, 09:17 PM
Unfortunately, we are not going to be able to join you this weekend. The other half of my two gal office was called out of state for her Grandfather's funeral. I am now unable to get the time off of work. I can't tell you how much we were looking forward to meeting everyone. We are new to camping in luxury, as we went from a pop-up to our 2008 Bighorn 3670. Pulled it for the first time this July up to MN and were excited to have another opportunity to get on the road. Maybe next year. Hope you all have a great time.

Not Happy Campers,
Jan and Cathy Daniels

Sorry to hear ya'll can't make it , we were looking forward to meeting up for a good time. We hope we can see you at one of the upcoming future rally's. I got your P.M. thanks , sorry for the misfortune.....Kenny

katkens
09-30-2009, 09:28 PM
Well here we are at the Double J with Traveler44 ( Tom & Mary ). We are holding down the fort till eveyone else gets here , better hurry the party is already starting.:D....Kenny

jbeletti
09-30-2009, 09:32 PM
We should be there just after lunch tomorrow (Thursday).

Jim

Paul & Nan
09-30-2009, 10:23 PM
Paul and Nan,

Sorry for your loss. Maybe we'll catch up with you in TX in February. Take care,

Jim

Keep us posted as we are hoping to be in the Valley in late January. Nan

cookie
09-30-2009, 10:41 PM
Well, I am jealous of all that will be attending the IL rally. We were signed up and a reserved site but an ill mother caused us to cancel. We were ready to go. This would have been our fifth rally this year with the MO rally in Branson being the sixth. That don't look to promising either. :( So yall go ahead and have fun whilst we sit here at home. :rolleyes:

Peace
Dave

Netem
10-01-2009, 08:03 AM
Kenny, you guys hold on to your hats looks like storms heading your way today. I think Jim will be driving right into it. Be safe , see you guys tomorrow.

katkens-DW
10-01-2009, 08:07 AM
Niel. And it's all Kennys fault:D. Dave you and Mary will be missed if that helps any------Kathy

Netem
10-01-2009, 08:37 AM
I knew Kenny had something to do with this weather. Yea, sorry to hear you had to cancel Cookie. You know between Kathy and Jim B the Green Machine will be spinning off the table.

Del600
10-02-2009, 07:41 AM
ahhhhhh 3 more hours of work, then on the road. :)

jbeletti
10-02-2009, 07:46 AM
We're here waiting :) Drive safe and we'll see you soon.

Ray LeTourneau
10-02-2009, 08:02 AM
I wish we could have been there but with all that had been going on we had to make different plans. Long boring story. We're currently getting ready to leave Santa Rosa, NM heading west. All is well with everyone here and so far the BH and BART are OK too. Heavy head winds the last couple days.

kkamshop
10-02-2009, 08:43 AM
We'll be heading out around 12:30 - see you later.

Netem
10-04-2009, 05:37 PM
We just got home and put everything away after having a great time at the Ill. Rally. Kenny and Kathy did a great job putting on their first rally.
The weather was alittle cool but we met some great new friends and saw some old ones. As usual we had way to much food but it sure was good.
Hope everyone makes it home safe.:)

cemill
10-04-2009, 07:34 PM
Glad you made it home safe. We did too, arriving home about 1:15pm.
Now all I have to do is fix the fence gate and get those new steps.
By the way, I know Kenny will read this. As tired as Jackie was, she threw a couple of T-Bones on the grill for dinner. Lord I am a lucky man.:)

katkens-DW
10-05-2009, 08:31 AM
We are still at the double J resting we had a great time. I would like to thank everyone who came to the Illinois rally we got to see old friends and made new ones. I would also like to thank Sharon, Jackie and Diane for all their help. I would like to thank Ken and Kathy for such a good time Sunday night we really enjoyed it. We will be making plains for next year real soon. Thank you Jim B for all you did for helping us and coaching us. Hope to see everyone next year. Thanks again Kathy:D

Del600
10-05-2009, 09:44 AM
We got home yesterday and Lauren went to bed early...... yipppeee.

We had a great time, and it was nice to meet everyone.

Kenny and Kathy did a great job arranging things, we really appreciate it.

I hope to see you all again soon!

Mark

jbeletti
10-05-2009, 11:44 AM

Jim M

Jimbo - While I do resemble that remark :D, ask Kenny, I was good :angel: during the rally. No food or liquid indulgences. I ate vicariously through Neil who "knows" how to put dessert way :eek: He actually "saves room" for it. Not trying to blame-shift, just pointing out "he's good".

But I did lose "9 pounds" my first week of doing South Beach Diet :D A gazillion pounds to go! :(

jbeletti
10-05-2009, 11:53 AM
Great job Kenny and Kathy. We had a really nice rally. It was nice to see some familiar faces from last year's rally, some familiar faces from the Goshen rally and some new faces (to me) as well. All the makings of a nicely growing chapter.

And we signed up 2 new club members. I think that made it 100% of the attendees being club members. It's so comforting to see a Heartland product pulling into a campground with a membership plaque on the back. Instantly, you know you've got a friend.

Nancy and I arrived on Thursday. We went downtown Friday. We've been to the Lincoln Museum twice before (very nice), so this time we stopped at the Lincoln Library, Historic Union Station and the Illinois State Museum, next to the State Capitol. Friday, on Kathy's suggestion, we visited Lincolns Tomb. We always enjoy our time in Springfield.

We bought (actually had to pay for it) 3 extra hours and left about 3:30. Stopped for dinner in the RV on the way home and actually stopped by our house to unload. We live in a townhome so I parked on the street as we unloaded the bikes for the season along with the usual items (laundry, perishable food etc.). Then we headed out to our home CG and for the first time, dropped off the trailer in the dark (about 10 pm). Thank goodness for a near full moon and a pull-through site :)

Thanks again to K&K and everyone else that made it to the 2nd annual IL rally - great times.

Jim (and Nancy)

chasdvorak
10-05-2009, 01:27 PM
We're batting 1000!!!!..... Our first rally was the National earlier this year in Goshen, IN and we just returned safely from the Illinois Rally in Springfield, IL. Both rallies were awesome!!!! Great time despite some nippy weather but excellent job by our hosts, Ken n Kathy. There was a huge difference between the two rallies, but both contained the same successful ingredients.... Great folks and Great coaches. We learned a ton about Heartland and our BH at the National Rally and had a ton of fun meeting the folks at the Illinois Rally. (We also ate a ton of food and are now concerned about our GCWR'ing).

Safe Travels,

Chuck and Reggie Dvorak

kkamshop
10-05-2009, 05:16 PM
We're home now too, it was great to meet and reacquaint ourselves with everyone. The nicest people own Heartlands :)

Ken & Kathy, you guys did an awesome job on hosting your first rally - here's to many more.

katkens-DW
10-05-2009, 06:34 PM
I am so glad to hear everyone got home okay we will be on our way home and back to the real world tomorrow. Thanks again everyone Kathy:)

katkens
10-05-2009, 08:08 PM
Just would like to thank everyone for making this rally a wonderful gathering. I know the weather wasn't the best , a bit disappointing, but ya'll sure helped make it a success. I sure met a lot of nice folks ,some old friends and made alot of new ones. It was great seeing all the improvements and little ideas to change on ones rig, we had some very talented guys attending the rally. I guess I should mention all the GREAT food the gals prepared for the potluck and there always beautiful and smiling faces. I would like to thank Heartland and JimB for his attendance , guidance in my first rally. I like also to thank all the guys and gals for all the extra help when I needed it. I can't wait to meet up again , best wishes and safe travels.

P.S. A special thanks to Kathy my DW for her never ending help getting this going.

katkens
10-05-2009, 08:18 PM
Jimbo - While I do resemble that remark :D, ask Kenny, I was good :angel: during the rally. No food or liquid indulgences. I ate vicariously through Neil who "knows" how to put dessert way :eek: He actually "saves room" for it. Not trying to blame-shift, just pointing out "he's good".

But I did love "9 pounds" my first week of doing South Beach Diet :D A gazillion pounds to go! :(

I guess I will have to back JimB up , he really did stick to his diet. I think all the gals were mad at him because there was so much food left over at the potluck. I hated to see the Margarita machine covered with cobwebs and dust too.....Kenny

jbeletti
10-05-2009, 09:32 PM
I guess I will have to back JimB up , he really did stick to his diet. I think all the gals were mad at him because there was so much food left over at the potluck. I hated to see the Margarita machine covered with cobwebs and dust too.....Kenny

Thanks for having my back Kenny :) I fixed my typo in my post too.

The margarita machine was lonely. But then, it was way to cold to break it out.

khalsey
10-05-2009, 10:28 PM
I want to thank everyone for a great weekend in spite of the misfortune we had. The Heartland family stepped up to the plate and made a bad situation much less stressful. Thanks again everyone. We got home about 5PM and our son and daughter-in-law unloaded trailer for us then we went out to dinner at local restaurant. Insurance adjuster came over today and said he will pay for whatever it takes to make it as good or better than new.

jimtoo
10-05-2009, 11:08 PM
Sounds like you guys had a really good time. Another great Heartland Rally done.

I have been following the progress and it looks like everyone had a great time. It takes a lot of work to make a rally happen successfully. I'm sure Kenny had a little help and I want to thank all that did help, especially Kathy, cause I know she was in the middle of it all. She is just that kind of lady. There were others also, so Thanks to all.

The more of the great Heartland Owners Rallies we have, the more friends we make, the more people we educate about the Heartland products, then the bigger our family becomes. Soon we could travel all over the USA and Canada and visit friends and folks of the Heartland family.

Jim M

jimtoo
10-05-2009, 11:11 PM

But I did lose "9 pounds" my first week of doing South Beach Diet :D A gazillion pounds to go! :(

Sounds like your doing the right thing Jim B...Keep it up..

Jim M

kkamshop
10-06-2009, 09:45 AM
I forgot to add that we managed to spend a little in the RV store at Double J.

We got the door handle that Kathy & Kenny recommended and a couple of small bubble levels and some cable connectors. The prices were very reasonable.

Keith & Diane, be sure to give us an update on your cleanup, repairs, and healing.

katkens-DW
10-06-2009, 01:17 PM
I would like to give a big THANK YOU!!! To CE for taking pictures I did'nt get as any as I would of liked to so THANKS AGAIN CE. Kathy:D:D

katkens
10-06-2009, 01:21 PM
I want to thank everyone for a great weekend in spite of the misfortune we had. The Heartland family stepped up to the plate and made a bad situation much less stressful. Thanks again everyone. We got home about 5PM and our son and daughter-in-law unloaded trailer for us then we went out to dinner at local restaurant. Insurance adjuster came over today and said he will pay for whatever it takes to make it as good or better than new.

Keith ...good to hear things will get fixed , sure is a nice rig. I hope to get a few of your mods done in the very near future. Kathy says here is a big hug for you and Diane. Hope for quick healing and will remember you in our thoughts and prayers......Kenny

Del600
10-06-2009, 05:37 PM
When can we see all the pictures, and where?

katkens-DW
10-06-2009, 05:45 PM
Mark , they will be in the hog as soon as Kenny and I learn how to do it . CE sent what he took so we are going to try to do them soon. I also have some I took that we will post. Kathy

Netem
10-06-2009, 05:57 PM
Kathy , I take it you and Kenny are safely home. Thanks again for the good job you guys did on the rally and I ate my apple when I got home. Good Good Good. Jim B I'm thinking of you everytime I eat a piece of the pina colada cake.

katkens
10-06-2009, 06:06 PM
Kathy , I take it you and Kenny are safely home. Thanks again for the good job you guys did on the rally and I ate my apple when I got home. Good Good Good. Jim B I'm thinking of you everytime I eat a piece of the pina colada cake.

Neil......I bought 5 caramel apples , you got one and I ate one. Guess who ate the other three? Yep, Kathy .....oink.... oink

katkens-DW
10-06-2009, 06:13 PM
Boy were they good yummy!!!yummy!!! yummy. It will be a year befor I get another one.Kathy:D:D

Bob&Patty
10-06-2009, 06:19 PM
Kat, I have a good idea where you could store one until next year. Kenneth might not approve though. :eek: Bob:D:D

jbeletti
10-06-2009, 10:42 PM

Neil,

You're killing me :eek:

jbeletti
10-07-2009, 12:31 AM
Hi all,

I created a rally album on HOG. Here's a link (//heartlandowners.org/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=36104).

I uploaded the few pictures I took plus a bunch that Clarence took. Thanks for the pics Clarence.

Jim

leftyf
10-07-2009, 02:19 AM
The margarita machine was lonely. But then, it was way to cold to break it out.

Where were you at? 40 miles north of Barrow?

Ray LeTourneau
10-07-2009, 02:22 AM
Great photos! Thanks for posting. I must say, it looks like it was a bit chilly for the weekend. Everyone had jackets on. Great campfire weather I bet.

Netem
10-07-2009, 08:22 AM
Jim and Clarence, the pictures came out great. Good job guys.

katkens-DW
10-07-2009, 03:12 PM
Jim and CE, the pictures are very nice I am so thankful to you and CE for taking them I got a few more to add as soon as we get to it. Thanks again guys Great Job!! Kathy:)

mrcomer
10-07-2009, 04:46 PM
You know these people are serious about food when they are all bundled up--outside--- but still a good time I bet.

jbeletti
10-07-2009, 05:13 PM
You know these people are serious about food when they are all bundled up--outside--- but still a good time I bet.

You got it right Mark.

Jim

jbeletti
10-07-2009, 05:15 PM
Jim and CE, the pictures are very nice I am so thankful to you and CE for taking them I got a few more to add as soon as we get to it. Thanks again guys Great Job!! Kathy:)

My pleasure Kat. Upload yours or email them to me 5 at a time and I will upload them.

Jim