2009 Illinois Rally

katkens

Founding Illinios Chapter Leader-retired
Hello all Illinois ( and other nearby ) Heartlanders. I am now planning our 2009 Rally. I would appreciate all suggestions , ideas for this years grand get together. Looking forward to meeting old friends and making new ones .

The Details:

Location: Double J Campground : www.doublejcampground.com. In Chatham , Illinois just 15 minutes south of Springfield.

Date: October 2-3-4.

Sites: We have 12 sites at this time reserved they are rows E & F. I can get more if needed . Sites will be held till 3 weeks before Rally Date.

Cost: We have a discount of rate of $28.00 a night based on 10 rigs. If we are short our rate will be $30.00. These sites are all full hook-ups and pull-thru

Reservations can be made starting April 2 ,2009 . It has been requested to use this toll free number when making reservations 1-888-483-9998. Please make sure that you tell them that you are reserving for the Heartland Rally .

There is a discussion thread in the forum section Heartland Owners Club-Regions & Chapters....Central Region... Illinois Section . Please let me know if you are planning on attending and if / when reservations have been made.

.................................................................................................................................................................

Friday:Greet, meet , evening campfire get together. ( bring chairs/drinks) P.S. Friday evening campfire..... bring ideas for next years rally location, tentative dates and must be able to reserve 15 sites. Illinois owners not able to attend this year , please , post here , P.M. or e-mail me.

Saturday:Meet , get together, sightseeing....... Evening Potluck 6:00 P.M.

Ok...time for the action to begin but be gentle on me for my first time planning a Rally. ;).....Kenny...oh an Kathy

Attendees: T-tentative R-reservations confirmed

Potluck Dishes

1. R- katkens - Ken & Kathy.................BBQ pulled pork, 2 pies
2. R- Del600 - Mark, Jennifer & Lauren...
3. R- Jim Beletti - Jim & Nancy ...........corn casserole
4. R- Cemill - CE & Jackie....................
5. R- kkamshop - Ken & Kathy.............cheesy potatoes
6 .R- Khalsey - Keith & Diana...............
7. R- traveler44- Tom & Mary..............chicken casserole & cheesecake
8. R- Dave Tressell - Dave & Lee..........
9. R- Netem - Neil & Sharon................baked beans & Pina Colada cake
10.R- cdaniels - Jan & Cathy...............
11.R-chasdvorak - Chuck & Reggie....... cinnamon coffee cake

Last edited:

Paul & Nan

Just a thought, holidays are not always the best time for travel, or to get reservations for so many sites. Unless there are folks with children, perhaps later in September might be better. Paul and I would be interested in the rally, and if you need any special help give a shout. Nan

katkens

Just a thought, holidays are not always the best time for travel, or to get reservations for so many sites. Unless there are folks with children, perhaps later in September might be better. Paul and I would be interested in the rally, and if you need any special help give a shout. Nan

Nan you are probably right on Labor day , will leave it for a bit and see what folks think. I put up some more dates maybe will work, the rest of September we have prior commitments. I guess the end of August might be best is about the same dates as last years and was nice.
Thanks.....Kenny

Paul & Nan

October is probably better for us too, we usually do a late fall vacation. We are still looking at doing the Escapees trip in May as well. Nan

katkens

October is probably better for us too, we usually do a late fall vacation. We are still looking at doing the Escapees trip in May as well. Nan
Thanks Nan....just got another request for October.....Kenny

katkens

If you could stand to have another Kenny & Kathy, we could come on the dates in October :)

Thanks, the more the merrier. I guess the best thing about our names is it will be easier to remember ,at the gathering. There is getting to be a lot of us Ken & Kathy's , guess at some point we will have to start numbering each couple.:D I will update things this afternoon after I talk to the CG again and get a tentitive list started......Kenny

katkens

2009 Illinois chapter Rally

I finally got things pretty well finalized with the Campground and they will be starting to take reservations April 2. Please read starter thread for some updated info and requested phone number for making reservations. Please let me know on this thread when reservations are made or if planning on attending.......Kenny

Paul & Nan

Katkens- messed up replying to your message, but we are hoping to go in Oct as it is only 45min from home for us. Still anything can go wrong. Just now we are packing up to go to Sedalia for the Escapees rally. Will be leaving on Sat. If you are there look us up or we will look for you. Nan

katkens

Katkens- messed up replying to your message, but we are hoping to go in Oct as it is only 45min from home for us. Still anything can go wrong. Just now we are packing up to go to Sedalia for the Escapees rally. Will be leaving on Sat. If you are there look us up or we will look for you. Nan

No problem, Nan , hope it all works out. I know its hard to plan things far in advance. We are not going to Sedalia , Kat has to work and I need many new toys. We will see you in Goshen and tell all the folks in Sedalia hello. Hope you all have a wonderful time, wish we were joining all of you....Kenny

P.S.....We are meeting up with JimB for dinner tonight and will try an put him in a good mood so he's not cranky when he gets to Sedalia :D

jimtoo

P.S.....We are meeting up with JimB for dinner tonight and will try an put him in a good mood so he's not cranky when he gets to Sedalia :D

If you put food in front of Jim B, lot's of food, he will be happy.:D At least for a few hours.:rolleyes:

Jim M

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Ken & Kathy, Please change our T (tentative) to an R (confirmed). I made our reservations today with Sue at Double J. We're scheduled in on the 1st. See you then.

katkens

Ken & Kathy, Please change our T (tentative) to an R (confirmed). I made our reservations today with Sue at Double J. We're scheduled in on the 1st. See you then.

Gotcha Ray. Looking forward to meeting up again , see ya in October.....Kenny

Paul & Nan

Want to clairify, you say Oct 2,3,4, is that leaving the 4th, or the 5th? Never quite know what folks mean. We are starting to request the days off. Nan

katkens

Want to clairify, you say Oct 2,3,4, is that leaving the 4th, or the 5th? Never quite know what folks mean. We are starting to request the days off. Nan

Nan , thats leaving on Sunday. I think all the folks I have talked to are coming early most arriving on Thursday the 1st. We will be arriving on Wednesday and and meet up with some of the out of State early arrivals. I am not sure if some are staying over Sunday night and leaving Monday, maybe they will shout back at us and I can list early arrivals and late stayers....Kenny