2nd Satellite input to the entertainment canter

2010augusta

Has any made a 2nd input to run two satellite feed to the entertainment center slide? I want both input to my DVR to work, but the landmark only has one sat input in entertainment center and one in the bedroom. How hard would it be to fish it into the slide along with the factory stuff? Should I put a weather proof "outlet" on the outside or back of the slide and bring it through the wall? Other options? Let me hear them.

TIA
Alan

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Alan, yes it can be done. You could do it yourself. The underbelly has to be dropped. Get access behind the UDC and run the cables. The fun part is pulling the cables through. They will be taped to other things. Send me a PM and I will go into more detail. Bob:D

trdeal

Past North Carolina Chapter Leader
I did this without to much trouble. In my case I used the plate in the udc for the roof mount dish for my connection,and fished the cable under the fridge,behind the kitchen cabinets,and into the entertainment center. I know this is probably not as professional a job as some would do but the cable is out of sight and not in the way of anything in the cabinets and it works.If you have any questions pm me and I will try to help.

Benford

I solved the problem in my 09 Augusta by mounting an inlet on the rear of the entertainment center slide for two rg6 inlets and now do not use the factory inlet for any purpose, the slide operation is not impaired.

Delaine and Lindy

I think Benford has a good idea. When we first started using Hughes Net sattellite for our Computers in 2005 I did the same thing. We were lucky to not have this problem now, we have dual connections for the Sattelite systems for the TV's and also a connection for the internet. The dual plate connections are easy to install, just make sure your measurements are correct. Good Luck. GBY....

2010augusta

Well, I got it done but it was not easy! I ended up having to remove all the staples that holds the panel behind the TV and the TV, to gain access to the hole in the wall and cut a zip-tie around the two pieces coax. Next, I connected the new cable to the old sat cable with a RG6 union. Then I pulled the existing cable out of the wall through to hold in the desk cabinet. I then taped the other end of the coax to the union, so now I had three wires there, and I pulled the whole set back up through the wall. I drilled a hole in the existing wall plate installed the union and ran the cable out the bottom of the slide and along the frame back to the UDC.

Thanks for the help
Alan

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
I solved the problem in my 09 Augusta by mounting an inlet on the rear of the entertainment center slide for two rg6 inlets and now do not use the factory inlet for any purpose, the slide operation is not impaired.

Do you have pictures you can post?
Kristy