Corps of Engineers

jpmorgan37

Last year we volunteered at a Corps of Engineers Campground for two months. The first month we were there, the park was closed and we did some pick up and clean up work for our campsite and just baby sat the park. Our campsite was full hook up and it was a beautiful park. The second month, the park opened and we were Park Host. We talked to the other campers, answered their questions and did some light trash pick up and flower planting. It was enjoyable and different than staying in the commercial parks with all the varied activities. If anyone is interested, the web site is: http://www.orn.usace.army.mil/volunteer/joblistings.html. There are lots of different things available and there is an 800 number listed to call for the latest information in the area of your choice.

Landmark trailer

How do you like the Landmark trailer. We have been looking at them and think that they look pretty good. Thanks for the tip on the corp areas. We can wait to get the 5th wheel and get on the road.

jpmorgan37

Tim and Cathy;

We've been in our Landmark since February 2006 and have really enjoyed it. I have posted many positive comments about the coach and features of the Grand Canyon in the past and we still feel the same way. Our dealer, Butch Burson at RV's for Less in Knoxville was super to work with and the support that we have received from Heartland has been the best. If you are considering going full time, I would not hesitate for a minute getting a Landmark.

John

seamo

Bob and Christina Seaman
we love our Grand Canyon too 2007. This is our 2nd Landmark. We are full-timers.
Christina Seaman

Now I am finding out that the Landmark will not be made in 2008. They are saying that they are going to make a new model to try and keep up with the higher end 5th wheels. I dont know if that is good or bad for me. Chances are that they will be a lot more expensive.

Tom of Ypsi

At the Rally 3 weeks ago in Goshen, In Heartland had a prototype Landmark for all of us to see but I do not recall Heartland not having Landmarks for 2008. You might want to post your question in the Ask the Factory thread and see what Scott Tuttle has to say. Jim Beletti might have some inside information on this also.

Goldenwingers

goldenwingers
We have a 2008 Landmark Mt. Rushmore on order and it is supposed to be in Knoxville this coming Friday. It was one left in inventory before they suspended production. The new one should be ready for the market soon. We were planing on getting the new model but found out that they were moving the washer closet back to the front and we preferred it where it was so got on the ball and found one in inventory that was just right for us. I will bet the new one will be as good or better unit than the previous unit and I was led to believe it will be in the same price range. but I certainly don't have the final say on that one.

Butch has several things to do to it in Knoxville before we take delivery on the 23rd of July.

Good luck in your search.

Don

Scott

OK - Setting the Record Straight time...
The Landmark has always been built, it's just that over the last eighteen months, they have only been built on a "as ordered" basis, which resulted in longer time periods between Landmarks being built.
We did come out with a 2008 version of the Landmark, which was almost identical to the 2007, just a new model year.
Now - we have introduced the All-New Landmark - which is a complete redesign, and yes, it is a 2008 model.
We debuted the prototype at the recent Heartland Owners Rally - where we were able to receive some great input from our owners and have gone back to the "drawing board" a bit to implement some of their suggestions.
The re-designed Landmark is now being produced at the rate of about three per week and we will be putting together some photos for the web soon, with a brochure coming out in late July or early August.
It's a great coach. Is it the same Landmark that we built before? No. It has a rich cherry wood interior with all new floorplan arrangements and a lot of the same great features and designs that Landmark has always been known for.
FYI
ST

fireflipper

EX-Travel Bug
Fireflipper

This was straight from the factory. They still making the Landmarks, just changing the models and the floor plans are changing to the side isle instead of the center isles. I saw one at the factory about a month ago. I was not real impressed with the side isle , but it did allow for a totally enclosed bath.
Any way you will be happy with a Landmark. The suggested price was not available when I looked but the dealers should have some idea by now.