A scene right out of "The Long, Long, Trailer!"

gsbainter

Well, my worst nightmare came true Yesterday. While backing my Sundance 2800RLS into my driveway, I clipped the corner eave and gutter of my neigbors house, breaking a roof tile and tweaking the gutter (60' gutter). I was lucky that the damage to my rig was only the ladder (bent up). I started my day out by going out to my storage place to pick up my fiver, bring it home, and change out my piece of crap Coby home theatre. Our houses have zero lot lines with 11 foot wide driveways that are 60 feet long. I have backed my rig into it many times. However, this time I made two critical mistakes. 1: I came from a different direction, leaving my neigbors house in my blind spot, and 2: not having DW there to guide me in. Oh the falacy of my pride. Then to top it all off, I tweaked my back while lifting my hitch out of my truck and by nightfall, could not move. I had to crawl on my hands and knees up my stairs to get to bed. I should have not taken a day off from work yesterday! The good news is that my neigbors DW was cool about it when I gave her my insurance information and claim number that I had already opened. When I first saw her, I asked he if her husband had a gun. When she said "no", I was relieved because that way he couldn't shoot me when he found out. However, I have not talked to him yet, so hopefully he will be ok also. I was really lucky that I hit the house with the ladder which really is bent up. The actual side of the rig seems ok.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Murphy's law strikes again. Sorry to hear about that. Glad it was not too bad.

truknutt

Committed Member
The heck with the gutter, that's easy to fix. I hope your back is okay! :eek:

I know a little about tweaking the back; at least once a year I'm laid up for an entire weekend or more!! Crawling to bed is nothing; crawl to the commode and "stand" there on your knees, if you can. That's painful humiliation!!

pmmjarrett

Not just tired..... RETIRED!!!
Heal up soonNone Back pain sugggggggggs..... and next time ya gotta back in by yourself remember this helpful easy to remember acronym.

Get
Out
And
Look

JJAK17

I like you GOAL acronym. I am sure I am not the only one that has come close and glad we used the GOAL acronym. I hope your back is better...