Edge Question - Enclosed and/or Heated Underbelly

acsimon

Does anyone know whether the new Edge line has an enclosed and/or heated underbelly? Couln't find any reference to it on the Heartland website. It also was not listed as an option. They also do not list any weights. etc. on this new product line. Any idea from anyone when they might be available? Thanks....

acsimon

Don't Understand

I see that the Edge Question Above mine (posted 7 hours ago) was answered by Heartland (6 hours ago). Yet my question posted some days ago remains unanswered. What gives? Am I invisible?

M

Mcreech

The Edge does not have an enclosed underbelly....The reason is because this unit is all about the weight and the frame itself has holes cut into it.....Since the frame has holes, enclosing the underbelly wouldn't provide any benefit to the customer.... As far as the weights, the M18 is 2800lbs and the M21 is 3150lbs......

Thanks
Mike C

M

Mcreech

I thought I answered this already, it most not have posted.....The Edge does not have an enclosed underbelly...The frame has holes cut into it, to save weight...Therefore, enclosing the underbelly has no benefit to the retail customer....Also the weight on the M18 is 2780lbs and the M21 3189lbs and they are available right now

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
ACSIMON, just so you know. When you post in "ask the factory", there will aways be a delay in getting your answer. This thread goes to the factory personal to read. I could answer your question but it still has to read buy the moderators and the factory. Most of the time just post in the normal forum sections and you will get an answer quicker. Bob:D

jpmorgan37

acsimon;

There are different personnel from the factory that read these questions as time permits. Sometimes one will read it and pass it on to engineering, or another department to get the correct answer. Sometimes, the individual that has the correct information is not immediately available to answer your question. We are very fortunate to have the factory personnel answer our questions. Very very few other manufacturers offer this service. Just be patient and I'm sure that someone will get back to you.

John

rckc228

Yes go to the www.heartlandrvs.com and check the product you want.

Admin note: I don't think the warranty is on the website but you can obtain it from the office at 574-262-5992

Last edited by a moderator:

jpmorgan37

Just to set the record straight, acsimon's question was answered by the factory in his original thread. It would have been nice if he had acknowledged it here after his first post in this thread.

John

acsimon

Sorry, new to the forum. You are correct regarding Heartland's quick response. I should have acknowledged their answer when they responded. My apologies. I was very impressed with there quick and courteous answer. Nice to see an RV manufacturer who carers about their product.

UNEEK

Are you going to have any information on the Edge M22? There is not any information in the brochures.

pachlaj

Mcreech, says the reason, the underbelly is not enclosed is, that the frame has holes cut in it for weight reduction. Yet I was at a lot yesterday looking at a 2011 M18,, and the I-beams were solid??

jimtoo

pachlaj,

This thread is over 1 1/2 years old. The quote your referring to by McCreech probably does not apply to the 2011 models. Check the dates of the threads for better current information.

Jim M

M

Mcreech

As with anything, changes occur......We decided to eliminate the cut outs in the frame about 2 months ago, The VP decided that the cost of the cut out was to great for the reduction in weight that it offered......The Edge units still weight 2800lbs to 3600lb.......I am currently looking into the idea of enclosing the tanks