Questions Big Horn 3055 RL

patrick1945

We are seriously considering upgrading to this FW from an UltraLite.

We currently travel with 2 bikes on a rack on the back of the FW AND 2 14' kayaks on the roof of the truck on a Yakima roof rack with their GIZMO that supports the front of the kayaks.

Please provide any input on this FW vs others/options to get/not to get PLUS anything else that you find interesting-because we will as well.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Patrick, type in "kayaks" in the search box. There were several people that had racks installed on there TV's. There are lots of threads about equipment and reasons to buy a Heartland. Would I buy again, absolutely. Bob:D

Clint

Patrick... We have had a 3055 for about a year and half, and couldn't be happier with it. I think the only option we would have changed would have been to go with the "Euro" style recliners, but at the time we didn't know about them or if they were even available. We have had a receiver added to the back of our FW to accomodate a "Thule" 4 bike rack. Clint

geeksrus

Regarding the bike rack, you could consider one that mounts on the pin box. I have a commercial one from TopPop: http://www.toppoprails.com/

On my previous 5er, I had a hitch receiver weld to the pin box & used a Swagman bike carrier. On RV Net, you'll find many implementations of this approach.

Eh!

sailorand

Past British Columbia Chapter Leader
Patrick
the 3055 is almost 13 feet high so I would not put the kayaks on top of the 5th. On the truck would work unless they are the 20 foot long types.