Heartland website - problem with NC video

Hi All,
I'm looking on the Heartland website, but I can't seem to run any videos.
Is it just me, or the website?:confused: Thanks

jimtoo

Hi Edwardtait,

I tried the video links on all the different units (Landmark, Bighorn, Big Country, Cyclone) and Sundance is not working, if that is the one you are trying to open. I tried it with MSN, Mozilla Firefox browsers, and both XP and Vista systems. So they must have a problem with the Sundance video if that is what your looking for.

I will leave a message with the higher ups.

The other thing is the screen does darken when you click on a video link, and if your using dialup, it may take a while to load.

Thanks
Jim M

leftyf

SSG Stumpy-VA Terrorist
Hi Edwardtait,

I tried the video links on all the different units (Landmark, Bighorn, Big Country, Cyclone) and Sundance is not working, if that is the one you are trying to open. I tried it with MSN, Mozilla Firefox browsers, and both XP and Vista systems. So they must have a problem with the Sundance video if that is what your looking for.

I will leave a message with the higher ups.

The other thing is the screen does darken when you click on a video link, and if your using dialup, it may take a while to load.

Thanks
Jim M

The darkening is a function of your OS/Browser and not the Heartland site.

LookN4Ward

I have experienced problems with the North Country Videos of the 29RKS. After a 11 minutes have passed the audio continues but the video freezes. This occurs with both part 1 and part 2. I have tried IE and Firefox browsers. I am on a high speed dsl connection. Windows XP Pro is my OS. I also tried on a Windows 2000 OS unit with IE.

I can mouse click the >> double arrows to move forward but then the audio ends. These are helpful videos.

RnRCycloner

I have experienced problems with the North Country Videos of the 29RKS. After a 11 minutes have passed the audio continues but the video freezes. This occurs with both part 1 and part 2. I have tried IE and Firefox browsers. I am on a high speed dsl connection. Windows XP Pro is my OS. I also tried on a Windows 2000 OS unit with IE.

I can mouse click the >> double arrows to move forward but then the audio ends. These are helpful videos.

I see they same symptom while watching the Cyclone video, after 11 minutes video freezes, audio continues until I mouse click >>. This was with IE and Vista OS...

LookN4Ward

Video Freeze

I did some Google searches to find a possible cause and solution. I increased my virtual memory size and that failed to work. I tried changing the properties of the player in the browser. If you put the cursor over the movie and right click you can get to settings. There are some security things you can set and change the movie quality. Changing the settings and security did not work. Although on one ocassion going to lower quality picture allowed the movie to go longer than 11:07.

I suggest the web developer might want to change the site to permit the movie to download and then open. I have windows mediaplayer, quicktime, and adobe flash player installed. One of these should work to play the movie.

enthuz

This is also happening to the NT videos too. Video stops at 11:07 but audio continues. Is there a way to download the full file? I tried features in Firefox, but it did the same when downloaded. I have a feeling that the issue is within its recording/streaming method settings. Depends on what solution the webmaster/Heartland is using for this feature. Sorry, I'm a Multimedia Engineer and DW says I never take that hat off.

LookN4Ward

Take a look at the North Country Video. Notice that the video interface (screen) is different from the other Heartland videos. The NC videos will play to completion, where the others stop at 11:07. About a week ago I contacted the web master for the developer of the Heartland site and told him/her that there was a problem with the video stopping at 11:07. On the 4th I checked back to see if anything had changed and sure enough it had for the NC.

I believe the problem is that the videos are not compatible with the Adobe Flashplayer 10 plugin for Firefox and IE 7 & 8. Just a guess on my part.

jbeletti

LookN4Ward,

You nailed it. It is an issue with Adobe Flash 10 and most browsers ability to use it. We are in the process of re-encoding all the videos now.

The following are now re-encoded and should play well:
- North Country
- Cyclone
- Elk Ridge

The rest will be done soon :)

Jim

LookN4Ward

This is also happening to the NT videos too. Video stops at 11:07 but audio continues. Is there a way to download the full file? I tried features in Firefox, but it did the same when downloaded. I have a feeling that the issue is within its recording/streaming method settings. Depends on what solution the webmaster/Heartland is using for this feature. Sorry, I'm a Multimedia Engineer and DW says I never take that hat off.

I should have kept reading. I see where changes are happening. :)

porthole

Retired
LookN4Ward,

You nailed it. It is an issue with Adobe Flash 10 and most browsers ability to use it. We are in the process of re-encoding all the videos now.

The following are now re-encoded and should play well:
- North Country
- Cyclone
- Elk Ridge

The rest will be done soon :)

Jim

Or you can just do a factory visit and get the DVD copy and watch it on your big screen at home.