3055 RL & MAXX AIR vent covers

patrick1945

We going to order a 3055 RL and are wondering what the concensus is here on the Maxx Air vent covers. We had them on our current UltraLite but the Big Horn is much taller.

leftyf

SSG Stumpy-VA Terrorist
We going to order a 3055 RL and are wondering what the concensus is here on the Maxx Air vent covers. We had them on our current UltraLite but the Big Horn is much taller.

Fantastic fans recommends that you not use them with their products. Besides, my FF quite working today. Have had nothing but problems with it.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Lefty and Jon are correct, not on the fantastic fans. To clarify, I only put one on the fan in the stool area. Bob:D

wyleyrabbit

Rats! I negotiated three max-air vent covers (1 small and 2 large) into the deal for our 3055RL. Obviously the large ones were for the fantastic fan vents...can anyone provide a link to somewhere that says these covers shouldn't be used with the FF?

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Like others, we have a cover on the crapper closet. The basic Maxx Air cover doesn't allow the automatic Fantastic covers to open far enough. I think they make a special cover for them.

tom p

tomp
We have a new 3670rl(2009) with a fantastic fan. I installed a maxx cover made for it so if it is raining it will not close and help keep the coach cool. Hope that helps. 2002 Ford f350crew diesel 7.3. We will take it out for the first time 4-3-09.tomp

cjbearden

Visitor
We negotiated with our dealer to install the MaxxAir, remote controlled, cover for our Augusta's all-in-one-bathroom vent. http://www.campingworld.com/shopping/product/maxxfan-vent-fan-system/4568

A tad pricey but since it was part of our deal, we didn't squabble. It really moves the air better than the original vent fan. In our old BH, we used a regular vent cover. The position of the vent in our Augusta is such that a regular cover would have thrown us over 13.5' and DH didn't want to go higher than that. (Real truth: it's a man-thing - it has a remote control!!! Lefty don't even go there! :) It has a rain-guard also.

No cover for fantastic fan. We do use one of the square lambs wool inserts to keep out dust when traveling.

TXBobcat

Fulltime
We replaced the regular vent & fan in the toilet room with a fantastic fan. It was not rain sensitive or automatic. It can blow air in or out. The one in the kitchen only blows air out.

We also have a fantastic fan on a thermostat in the kitchen area and it will close automatically if it starts to rain.

We put a MAXX Air cover over both because of how the wind will break the covers and to protect against both wind and rain for the one in the toilet room.

I like to open the vents in the summer while going down the highway to help keep the interior a little cooler aiding in cooling it down when we arrive at our camping site.

These vent covers are larger than the regular ones allowing the fan to open higher and move more air.

BC