Front Storage Organizer

MurrayN.

Hi everyone. I just ordered a 2010 Sundance 3300RLB last weekend after enjoying a Wildcat 28BH for 7 years. Great trailer with an unbelievable amount of storage, just not all that well constructed overall. But the best thing was that the kids bunk room at the back was raised up so that I had super pass-through storage at the back also, not only at the front like all the other trailers. Now that I am losing this going to a Sundance, what have you all found out that works well in the front end. Do you use Rubbermaid totes to keep everything organized, has anyone put in shelves or anything like that? Any pictures or ideas would be appreciated. Thanks

TXBobcat

Fulltime
Welcome to the forum Murray. This is a great place for information and fellowship.
I started out using what is called milk cartons like they bring in dairy to the grocery stores. I picked up mine at Krogers. Asked the manager and he gave me about 10 cartons. They stack well if they are not to full.
Some people use the rubber maid totes and others go to the Container Store.
Some use a sort of shelf that slides in and out. That is nice but you add a lot of weight and Pin Weight is very important.. I think you can overload some of these trailers and not intend or know that you are over weight until you take it out and weigh it.
BC

2010augusta

I just use totes for most stuff, but I have left room for a full size craftsman toolbox on one side and room on top of the totes for my golf clubs and tent camping stuff. I still have a lot of room in the Landmark, but most stuff stays inside all the time. I have several cabinets inside that are not being used yet.

jbeletti

Hi Murray,

Congrats on your order and welcome to the family!

My storage may be a little taller, but I use clear plastic storage bins called "keeps". They have blue flipper-style lids. I buy them by the pair at either Costco or Sam's Club. They each have a different brand but are functionally similar and stack on each other.

Here's a link to a post with pics of my keeps.

Jim

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Murray, Welcome to the Heartland Family & Forum. Congrats on your new Sundance. Like most others we use totes or crates for some things and you are the best person to determine your needs because you know what you'll be carrying. I also use 1 tote to hold all of our sewer hoses and connections. I carry 1-20 ft. and 2-10 ft. hoses, a clear elbow adapter and various connectors. No matter what we run into for sewer hook ups we can manage it. Enjoy your new trailer and travel safe!