AWOL Kitty

cjbearden

Visitor
On Feb. 11, our dear little Felix decided to go AWOL. After almost 5 years of training us, we guess he felt it was time for other adventures. Our primary concern is his safety since he has no front claws and his annual shots are due on Feb. 20. We have posted pictures around the Braunig Lake RV Resort here in Elmendorf, TX. We had a couple of calls but after unsuccessful chases decided the black cats were not our Felix. This park has at least 3 other black cats plus two other color cats running around.

We cannot fathom his desire to skedaddle out the door and run for it, literally. He has never acted so forcefully. Generally, he would want out for a bite of grass and then want right back in the RV. We refer to him as a true scaredy cat, fearful of noises (wind, rain, diesel trucks, trains, and storms), and the one who did not travel well (always finding a place to hide every time we moved. The confines of the RV were apparently too much.

Pray with us that he found someone to take him in and if he has decided to go wild that he will always have the creature comforts he seemed to enjoy with us. He was really paranoid about keeping his food bowl filled so that is a big question on our minds - how is he faring if he is able to at all. The 'not knowing' part is devastating to us but we trust God will watch over him.

Thank goodness for our little Lady, over whom we will be keeping a very close watch from now on.

Attachments

• Bathtime.JPG
    Bathtime.JPG
    261.1 KB · Views: 23
  • JustHanginOut.JPG
    JustHanginOut.JPG
    296.8 KB · Views: 24
  • 03-09-07_1752.jpg
    03-09-07_1752.jpg
    119.5 KB · Views: 27

sharmulst

We hope and pray that you find your kitty. We know the heartbreak of losing a beloved pet. Two years ago we had to have our cat of 16 1/2 years put down while at St. David, AZ. Muffin had a stroke and we still miss her.

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
We too hope that your AWOL kitty comes home. January 24th was the two year anniversary of losing our beloved Ralphie to illness and old age in general. I know how hard it is.

See you soon.

rjr6150

Our thoughts and prayers are also with you. Kathy and I both know how precious our fur kids our.

cjbearden

Visitor
Thanks to all of you. I know you understand. Until we rescued Lady and Felix from an Animal Shelter, I never pictured myself being so attached to a fur kid. Now I, unfortunately, understand the pain of their loss. We have some beautiful memories with Felix. We leave Braunig Lake on March 1. Maybe a miracle will happen and Felix will return from his 'vacation' and be ready to settle down into the RV life again.

Jay, sorry we won't be making the April Rally in Spring, TX this time but we will definitely see you guys in Goshen in June. Randy and Kathy, looking forward to finally getting to meet you at the Goshen Rally. Steve and Sharon, hope you are planning to be at Goshen also so we can say "hello".

jbeletti

CJ and JD,

So sorry to read about your Felix. I hope he finds his way back home soon.

Sorry too that we'll miss you in Houston. Always a great time there. I'll have my rig there for once!

Jim

TRAVELER07

Founding New Mexico Chapter Leader
JD and CJ sorry to hear about your loss with Felix hope he comes home soon .Also we will pray for his safe arrival home. We will keep a closer eye on our little fur baby now,with the RV door open. TRAVELER07

leftyf

SSG Stumpy-VA Terrorist
Just go outside and sit there...if he's around...he'll show up. The got this second sense.. He appears to be black..so, he is going to be hard to see at night. He's around there somewhere...open up a can of cat food and put it on the table. Then just walk around quietly and look to see if you can find him. He may be right outside waiting for an excuse to come int.

Make sure your screen door is open...and I'll bet he'll walk right back in.

They do these things...that's why they are cats and not dogs.

kkamshop

So sorry to hear that Felix is missing, we also travel with 2 black kitties and our Ruben tried to escape one time from the truck. We were fortunate to catch him.

Our Augusta is new, may I ask where you keep your litter box? We use a Littermaid here at home, but may use some other system in the LM.

Hope when we meet you in Goshen that Felix is back with you safe & sound.

cjbearden

Visitor
kkamshop, thank you for your response. Our little guy is still missing. We keep our litter box in the corner of our sofa slide next to DH's recliner!! We moved our sofa down where the table used to be and moved a wallhugger recliner to position where sofa used to be. We no longer have a table as I have a desk at rear (where recliners used to be). The desk allows room on one side to have a cat tree. We kept two dining chairs (one for desk we purchased and one for desk under the TV). We use the Petmate covered litter box and a LitterLocker for cleaning out the clumped presents!! We use Arm & Hammer multi-cat litter and have not had any problem with odor. We have a half circle rubber mat (made for litter boxes) placed in front of the litter box.

Look forward to meeting you in Goshen also.

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
CJ
We're looking forward to seeing you and hopefully Felix too in Goshen. We'll miss you in Houston but there's always the future.