2nd Satellite Connection for Bedroom

judyq

We have a 2009 Sundance 2900 MK and would like to run a second cable connection for the bedroom. Has anyone done this?

2010augusta

I would try to run a wire from the UDC to the storage area roof and over to the other side underneath the bedroom closet. then drill holes to get the wire into the closet and route it up to the TV from the closet. OR put a weather proof connector on the outside of the trailer straight trough the wall to the TV.

Sharon

We had to take ours back to the dealer two hours away from where we live and they ran it across the top. I feel that it would be wise of Heartland to install it when it is built. Most of the time anyone watching the tv in the bedroom isn't going to be watching the same channel as the person in the living room. It can't cost too much more to do it right the first time. It sure would have made us happy.
Sharon Hoganson
Western Washington
2009 Landmark Oakhurst

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Sharon, they ran it across the top, as in....you can see the wire? If I am interpreting your post correctly it sounds like a very unprofessional job. I would not be happy either.
Peace
Dave

leftyf

SSG Stumpy-VA Terrorist
I do not for the life of me understand the reason that they wire it the way that they do.'
I've been fighting a problem for two days..and it's because of the wiring for the for TV and the way that it is done.

Last edited:

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
We have a BC and ran a second cable for the satellite from the central docking area behind the inside panel in the front storage area. I then found the antenna feed to the front bedroom and followed it (which was hard but doable). It took clothes hanger type wire to feed the cable up to where I had installed a new cable connecting plate behind the tv. It took a little time, and lots of patience, but now my DW is happy watching her Directv while I watch Nascar.

Sharon

Yes, I just asked my husband again and yes it is exposed and run across the time. That is the way our dealer did it. I thought that it was shoddy work, and re-enforced my belief that they didn't much care, once we signed the contract and they had their money. That was the bottom line. However it won't get them any recomendations from us. We see a lot of people in or travels and spread the word whether we are satisfied or not. If that had been their only mistake that would have been one thing, but it came on top of many others that cost us big money. Sharon Hoganson

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Sharon, Im a little confused.:confused: Let me get this straight. You have a 09 Landmark. Yes? You had to have a cable ran so you could watch a different channel in the bedroom? Your coach should have already had a separate cable going to the bedroom. You should have at least 2 cable and 2 satellite connections at the UCD. You didn't say if you are connected to cable or satellite. I did, on our coach, run 2 new cables for satellite from the UCD to the BR and the LR. But I installed 2 separate satellite receivers. Now we have HGTV in 1 room and football in the other. Everybody is happy now. Bob:D

Stinger381

I got the Dish Network setup with the reciever that will operate 2 rooms of Televison and it has the DVR function as well. What I did in my 3300 RLB is I put the receiver in the back bedroom because there is a cabinet there to hold the receiver. Then I pulled a cable from the rear of the TV area through an exisiting hole in the rear of the coach to the outside. It came out right beside the rear bumper. I then just strapped the cable to the rear bumper bracket to keep it there. (I'll probably mount something nicer later) I run the dish cable in through that cable on the rear bumper then I run the second TV out cable to the coach's existing cable connector and it backfeeds the signal to the rest of the coach's cable connections. The Receiver comes with 2 remotes and the Infrared remote controls the back tv and the UHF remote controls the other TV's. I can take a TV outside and it has Satellite TV. The front Bedroom has Satellite Tv, and the Main TV in the living room has satellite TV. The only cable running I had to do was a short 6 foot cable to the outside bumper. I found it really simple to install it like that. The only disadvantage is that the main TV and front bedroom have to watch the same channel. The back bedroom is the solo tv and also the true HD TV.