A couple of battery questions

ChopperBill

Will a group 27 battery fit in the provided case? And can you purchace another vented case for the second battery? Option list doesnt show it.

HTWT

HTWT
ChopperBill,

I had my dealer install an additional group 27 battery & case. He modified the air intake to accommodate the additional case. The only issue is that I have to zip tie the case cover to the case, not really a problem. I just bought a 25 pack of zip ties and when I have to get to the batteries I just snip the old ones, service the batteries and use new ties. The 25 pack will last at least a year for me.:)

HTWT

ChopperBill

Glad to hear that a Group 27 will fit. I can get Interstates through work pretty cheap. I have Trojan 6v's in the truck camper but I am going with 12v in the Bighorn. If I ever have a battery go bad I can at least run the rig on one. Not sure they will work as good as the Trojans. Those things are awesome!

jpmorgan37

Bill;
Trojan makes two different Group 27, 12 volt batteries. 27TMX is a 105 AH and 27TMH is a 115 AH rating. I used two Trojan 6 volt batteries in series in my last fiver and they lasted for 7 years before I replaced them (and were still good). I plan to put two 12 volts in my GC. Nothing against Interstate, I agree with you on the Trojans.

John

ChopperBill

Yes those Trojans cant be beat, but I can get the top dog Group 27 Interstate battery at work for about $55 each. Trouble is, not having the info in front of me, I think they are Dual purpose Deep cycle and cranking. Think that takes a little umph out of them.

jpmorgan37

I don't know about the 27's but I paid about $67 each for the T 105's and they were 225 AH rating. They were some kind of tough. I could run the RV on my inverter for at least three days without charging them, using the microwave and all the other stuff. Now, you've got me thinking. I may go back to the 6 volts. Time will tell.

John

phranc

Who would be a good National supplier for the trojan's ? ie: Sam's club or Napa or Advance Auto ??

ChopperBill

jpmorgan37 said:
I don't know about the 27's but I paid about $67 each for the T 105's and they were 225 AH rating. They were some kind of tough. I could run the RV on my inverter for at least three days without charging them, using the microwave and all the other stuff. Now, you've got me thinking. I may go back to the 6 volts. Time will tell.

John

After doing some more research and thinking. Those amp hour ratings of the T 105 and T 125 cant be beat. Seems nothing comes even close. I just might stick to them myself. The 125's are about $25 each more. You think they are worth it?
On edit: I hope those Bighorn battery boxes are deep enought for the Trojans?

Last edited:

jpmorgan37

I don't know about the BH but the Landmark battey box is plenty big enough for two. I'll stick with the 105's if I decide to go that route. They served me well in the past. If the box will handle two 27's it will handle two 105's, I'm positive. You can check the Trojan web site. It gives the dimensions of each of their batteries. You can figure from there.

John

jbeletti

John,

Not sure if you ended up getting your T-105s but wanted to support your assumption that they do in fact fit in the LM batt box. I had my dealer remove my OEM batt and install two T-105s in April of 2005. I am also using the battery watering system. Works great.

Jim

bajaron

Bajaron
JIM

(QUOTE) (I am also using the battery watering system. Works great.)

since I never heard of that one, what is it and how does it work. :confused:

Thanks

jbeletti

Hi Ron,

Here's the post with my project including pictures. The system is by Pro-Fill and I purchased it at Camping World. If that post does not answer your questions, shoot me your specific questions and I'll fill you in / water your mind :D

Jim