Dually tire pressure guage, extensions?

wyleyrabbit

I decided to check the tire pressure on my new truck last night. I usually do this on my vehicles every couple of weeks, and the morning on any road trip travel day. Front tires were obviously easy. Back tires, OMG. :confused:

I think I need to get a new guage, because this one didn't seem very dually friendly. Also my portable air compressor didn't work very well with the valve stems because of their placement and angle. Are there some sort of valve stem extensions that make this process easier?

What do you guys use?

Chris

cjbearden

Visitor
You can purchase extensions from Camping World. Get the ones that are specifically for your truck model (no generics). If no CW convenient, a truck dealer or good auto supply store should have them. Get brushed aluminum or chrome ones to match your rim type.

wyleyrabbit

You can purchase extensions from Camping World. Get the ones that are specifically for your truck model (no generics). If no CW convenient, a truck dealer or good auto supply store should have them. Get brushed aluminum or chrome ones to match your rim type.

I just did a quick search on Camping World's website, but only found the generic ones. I've searched for "Chevrolet" "Chevy" "GM" "Silverado" to no avail. Do the generic ones not work well?

Perhaps I should do some googling. :)

2010augusta

I use the Wheel Masters "no-air" or airless stainless extensions they have zero internal pressure, so no leaks, I only use them on the inners of the dually. I have not see "make specific" extensions before either. get yourself a good dually gauge too.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
wyley, get a truckers tire guage. It has a 2 sided head on it and are long enough the reach both valve stems.

cjbearden

Visitor
It is possible CW quit selling the manufacturer specific ones. A recent visit to CW disappointed us as we found a lot of items we used to purchase being no longer available. The generic extensions are often not well balanced or at least that is what my husband has been told. Maybe someone else can put in their 2 cents about that. We purchased our Dodge extensions through Camper Clinic in Rockport, TX. Just happened to be last set they had in stock at the time.

boatdoc

Do a search for the Tire Man in Ridgecrest, Ca. This is the route I went with my dually. From my research this was the best way to go. No need for extentions and leaks. They're spendy but well worth it. I started a thread awhile back on this very subject, you might look it up.

Flyfish4m

Just got a set of dually valves from Borg Tire supply, about $110 for the set to do 4 tires, but worth every penny.Can be filled or checked with any standard tire gauge now.Alot of people have had great things to say about these on other forums, that's where I got the idea.Good Luck

2010augusta

wheel master airless

here are the braided stainless extensions from wheel masters. They have ZERO internal pressure, so no fear of leaks. I only use them on the inners. The fourth is the standard outer valve with no extensions

Attachments

• DSCN1930 (Small).JPG
    DSCN1930 (Small).JPG
    51.1 KB · Views: 39
  • DSCN1931 (Small).JPG
    DSCN1931 (Small).JPG
    49.6 KB · Views: 37
  • DSCN1934 (Small).JPG
    DSCN1934 (Small).JPG
    28.2 KB · Views: 36
  • DSCN1933 (Small).JPG
    DSCN1933 (Small).JPG