Torn Lino

samtoby

We have a 2009 Sundance 3012RE that we bought in February of last year. I was out to the trailer at the storage yard today and was surprised to see the linoleum torn from the door all the way across to the kitchen cupboards. We are in a cold climate, but i have never seen this before. Has anyone seen this before? How do we prevent this from happening? Is there anything structural that i need to be concerned about that may have caused this issue? I have attached a couple pictures.

Thanks

Attachments

• IMAGE_097.jpg
    IMAGE_097.jpg
    181.6 KB · Views: 74
  • IMAGE_098.jpg
    IMAGE_098.jpg
    238.6 KB · Views: 76
  • IMAGE_100.jpg
    IMAGE_100.jpg
    181.9 KB · Views: 63
  • IMAGE_101.jpg
    IMAGE_101.jpg
    158.9 KB · Views: 63

irvin56

contact dealer

before Warranty is over (1 YEAR).

I have heard on this forum of the lino having problems from the cold weather affecting it. As it is only fastened on the outside of floor and the rest is floating (loose)

Mine was ripped also, but that was from my slide and they replaced and glued it down

D

Dave Willis

I don't believe that we have had a problem with this and it definitely is not a structural problem. I will get this to our service department to see if they can help. You are going to have to get with your dealer for the repairs.

KENNY COCHRAN

MCNEESE STATE COWBOYS #1
Only solution i see to fix your floor is a new floor. If you can replace it yourself do it. If not, take a razor blade knife, cut around the edges and remove the floor. Buy some self stick floor tile and stick it down.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
From the looks of your photo, the problem originated at the heat register. The sharp cut corners make a natural stress riser which promotes the splitting when the vinyl expands/contracts from temperature fluxuation. A sudden cold (really cold) snap would cause it to contract, pulling at those corners until something gives. A radius in the corners for the register might prevent that. Worked enough with molded plastics to see the effect of molded or machined stress risers. Even in sticks & bricks, the vinyl is only edge glued, so it moves. Structural problem, probably not. Quality of vinyl and install problem, I'd say yes. And I doubt that's quality vinyl floor covering they're using. Probably Chinese.

samtoby

Thanks for everyone's input. I'm glad to hear that I don't have any structural issues. We did have an exceptionally cold winter here in Calgary and I agree with the last post about the register as the source of the issue. Since my warranty is now up (i bought it in the last week of January last year) I guess I'll be putting in some new flooring. Does anyone have any points or tips on installing hardwood flooring as I think that is the route I am going to go.

Thanks
Leon

Rmcgrath53

I think if that happened to me I would buy that new product that Home Depot sells. It is a vinyl plank that looks like real wood and is very durable. I just finished a basement and the home owners used it , I was very impressed

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Thanks for everyone's input. I'm glad to hear that I don't have any structural issues. We did have an exceptionally cold winter here in Calgary and I agree with the last post about the register as the source of the issue. Since my warranty is now up (i bought it in the last week of January last year) I guess I'll be putting in some new flooring. Does anyone have any points or tips on installing hardwood flooring as I think that is the route I am going to go.

Thanks
Leon

If you do opt to put down some other kind of flooring, I've read some other threads on this forum that indicate you need to be mindful of the thickness so the slides don't catch on it.

samtoby

Good point, but luckily where i have lino i have no slides. The three slides are all over carpet so i'm ok there.

Thanks
Leon