kitchen shelving

kblasdel

Has anyone tried using the wire coated wire shelving in a kitchen cabinet for extra storage? I have been looking at the shelving that you actually hang from the sides of the cabinet? How has it worked for you?:)

jnbhobe

My wife goes thru every camper we buy and checks where she wants more shelving. She then has our dealer make and install them where she wants, some are fixed some are adjustable. JON :D :D :D

SLJKansas

SLJKansas
Jon
Have you got any pictures of the shelving? I think I know what your talking about but a picture would really help. We have think of adding a shelf (in our 3670) to the cabinet next to the stove vent and microwave, But now after reading this thread and showing the wife, this may be what we are looking for.

jnbhobe

Sorry, the trailer is in storage now. I've got pool tables all around it. I may be able to get near it in about three weeks, JON :confused::confused::confused:

SLJKansas

SLJKansas
Thanks Jon, one more question, Can I find this stuff at Lowe's, Home depot type of stores? I showed this tread to my wife, she's thinking maybe 2 adjustable shelves in that cabinet.

We (she) hope to have several mods done before mid April, when we will then be parking the fifth wheel at the lake we volenteer at until end of October.

rickbsgu

rickbsgu
Jon
Have you got any pictures of the shelving? I think I know what your talking about but a picture would really help. We have think of adding a shelf (in our 3670) to the cabinet next to the stove vent and microwave, But now after reading this thread and showing the wife, this may be what we are looking for.

I used two adjustable wire racks from Wal-Mart in my 3670RL - a big one in the cabinet between the stove and the reefer (big, cavernous space), and a small one in the top thin cabinet to the right of the reefer, above the pantry rack pullout.

They worked great - I put them in lengthwise, front to back, rather than trying to make them fit side to side. They do leave a space to the side, but that's ok - I can stick tall stuff in there.

Really cleaned up those two cabinets.

My suggestion would be to get a couple and test fit them around to see what works - they're cheap enough. You might want to put some non-skid stuff down on them. Alternatively, you could get a little crate or two and wire-tie them to the rack, to keep stuff from shuffling around.

rickb

jnbhobe

Steve; The adjustable pieces are standard items, the shelves are made to fit and some have been wire shelving,and the under sink ones are built in. Hope that helps. JON:D:D