B & W hitch on a GMC

ChopperBill

Just received my B & W and doing a dry install. Wont have the BigHorn for 6 to 8 weeks. On the companion hitch there are two triangle mounts for the fifth wheel plate. I bolted them clear to the front and at the top holes. I came to this conclusion because I have a GMC and they set lower than a lot of trucks so I figured the the hitch should be higher to make the fiver level. I used the front holes to keep the trailer more forward of the rear axle. I have a long box so I surmised that I have plenty of distance to the cab.
How is my thinking about this?

jpmorgan37

Hello Bill;
You may already have this, but if you don't here is some information that may be useful. http://www.turnoverball.com/downloads/pdf/3000.pdf. I have a Pullrite Super 5th and I have the rocker mounted in the top holes. I also have a long bed and have the Kingpin about 2 inches forward of the axel centerline. I have about 6 inches of clearance between the trailer and the bed rails. (I learned this the hard way) The trailer pulls like a dream and with the Firestone air bags, everything sits level.

John

ChopperBill

Thanks John, I have the directions in but they are kind of general in nature when it comes to the uprights. I guess when I pick up the BH I will find out for sure. Unless the dealer wants to just shuffle me off it can be adjusted there. Thought maybe some one had the exact hitch on the exact truck and the exact Bighorn and I could get off easy. :D