Ceiling Fan Control Issues

Sharon

I also forgot to say that we still can't find a switch or any wall controls for the ceiling fan in the kitchen. It is nine feet high at least. I am five-eight and there is no way I can turn it on. It is useless Sharon Hoganson

jbeletti

I also forgot to say that we still can't find a switch or any wall controls for the ceiling fan in the kitchen. It is nine feet high at least. I am five-eight and there is no way I can turn it on. It is useless Sharon Hoganson

Sharon,

The fan and fan light are powered by a single circuit. That circuit has a switch in it. The switch is located in the coat closet near the front door with the other controls. It is usually marked "Ceiling Fan".

To turn the fan on, first turn the switch on in the closet to send power to the fan/light combo. Then pull the chain on the fan that controls it. If you want the light off when the fan is on, pull the chain on the light that controls it.

If you did not get chain pulls, please contact your dealer. If your chain pulls are still too high for you, your dealer may be able to lengthen them, otherwise, most hardware stores will have this chain and the connector to lengthen them for you.

If you are in need to control the fan from a wall switch, you can consult with your dealer about having a fan only circuit added to the fan with a controller in the closet. It's not something the factory does. Sorry about that.

Jim

Sharon

Thank you Jim but once again I checked in the little closet and there is no switch in there for any kind of fan. I know how to turn on the fan in the living room. It is the only one with a light. The one I can't access is the fan and ceiling vent in the kitchen of the Oakhurst. It has no switch that is acessible for a normal person, muchless a tall person like me. I do agree that it should be in the little closet where all the other switches are. Send me a picture if you still say it is there. Sharon Hoganson

katkens

Founding Illinios Chapter Leader-retired
Thank you Jim but once again I checked in the little closet and there is no switch in there for any kind of fan. I know how to turn on the fan in the living room. It is the only one with a light. The one I can't access is the fan and ceiling vent in the kitchen of the Oakhurst. It has no switch that is acessible for a normal person, muchless a tall person like me. I do agree that it should be in the little closet where all the other switches are. Send me a picture if you still say it is there. Sharon Hoganson

Look next to your thermostat, should be another box next to it. There should be a slider switch on it, slide it to the right , should work......Kenny

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Sharon, if you talking about the Fantastic Fan, do as ken said. The thermostat will open the cover and the fan will come on at the temp you set it to.

Sharon

Thank you so much Guys. I tried what you said and it worked. It was different enough looking than my last one that I didn't recognize it. I am sorry I jumped the gun on that one. I thought that I had looked everywhere. Sharon

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Sharon, see if you can find the instuctions for the fan. They really work good in the summer to get hot air out of the coach. Set the temp at 80* shut the doors and it will do it's own thing. BTW, do you have a fan in the bedroom? It works the same way. Bob:D

Sharon

Thank you, Bob. We have air in the bedroom but the info for the kitchen fan is great. I don't like to use the air conditioner unless I have to. I would rather open all the doors and windows and let the outside breeze come thru'. We are usually in the Pacific Northwest in the summer so that usually works. It is always cool up there in the evenings. Sharon