range

rcmac7

Is it possible to add a spark lighter to the Magic Chef CLY1610BDB range in my Heartland Sundance 3300RLB? How about the oven?

Thanks, Dick

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
I think this is kind of like the old joke about fixing the car that has everything wrong with it. The only way to fix it is to take off the radiator cap and drive a new car up under it. In this case I believe we Sundance owners will have to put in a new oven to get the spark igniter.

TXBobcat

Fulltime
I talked to a guy that had taken a long spark lighter for the oven. It was one that goes to an propane grill. He drilled a hole in the front of the stove where the knobs are. Mounted the push button on the front panel and streached the igniter wire down to the pilot and mounted it there. When he wanted the pilot lit he just pushed the button. I haven't found one long enough yet.. but some day..

BC

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Here is a link to a thread for a modification that was done using a grill igniter. I tried it without success but I think a few other member have done it. Might be worth a try. I still have the igniter and may try again. //heartlandowners.org/showthread.php?t=3978&highlight=igniter

D

Dave Willis

We checked with our vendor on the ovens and they are telling us the we can not put the spark lighter for the oven on that model.

Duramax1

Hi Dave

Would you mind asking your vendor if a spark lighter is available for the stove top burners.

Thanks

leftyf

SSG Stumpy-VA Terrorist
Here is a link to a thread for a modification that was done using a grill igniter. I tried it without success but I think a few other member have done it. Might be worth a try. I still have the igniter and may try again. //heartlandowners.org/showthread.php?t=3978&highlight=igniter

Ray, what problem did you have with it?

D

Dave Willis

I checked with our vendor again, and received the same answer. It is not available for this model aftermarket. You would have to change out the stove to put one in with the ignitor already on it.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Ray, what problem did you have with it?
I couldn't get it to light. I'm pretty sure I had it close enough and in the area for the pilot flame but it would not ignite. I could see the spark but that's all. Maybe there wasn't enough gas available to ignite. Our pilot flame is pretty small when lit.