Second battery box

ChopperBill

Went and finalized the 3055 today. I didnt want the Group 24 they put in. I need some POWER! I will supply my own batteries but I asked if the factory could supply an extra battery box with the vent. Going to put in two Group 27 or 2 Trojan killer batteries. It is not in the option list but said they will call the factory. will you fine folks put the boxes in for me?

svd

ChopperBill,
When we picked up our 3400, our dealer gave us a credit for the group 24 deep cycle and battery box, and we put in 2 - 6 volt batteries. The interesting part was that we got a single battery box for both batteries, so that we could use the existing vent. It really made a clean installation.
Steve

ChopperBill

Now that would be neat! Beats the heck out of messing with two boxes. How about it Bighorn?! Really cant figure out why ANYONE would only want one battery.

nhunter

Our dealer added second battery box and tied vent hose into existing vent line. I also think such a big unit should come from the factory with 2 batteries.

jbeletti

Nice sig. Chopper Bill!

I worked a deal with my dealer to swap the standard house battery for 2 Trojan T-105s. Paid $50 each for the Trojans - installed. It's always great to have a dealer willing to work with you on whatever you want.

Take care,

Jim