Fridge help.

Drew

We just picked up our BH3600RL got it home and the fridge kept warming up. I was running it on electric power and the check light never came on. Everything seems to have power. All lights are on it's just not cooling. I changed over to gas and left it all night with no change. I did check the fuse under the black box from the outside. Any ideas?

Also, while i'm asking questions, The tv, desk slide looks like it's not straight in the out position. There seems to be a little large of a gap at the top. If your looking at it from the outside it's not even with the kitchen slide.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Drew, congrats on your new 3600rl. I like that floor plan. Nothing more dissapointing than finding out your new toy is broke. The upside is it will all be fixed. Anyway, I can't help with the refer problem other than asking a few dumb questions. Was it turned on in front, were the indicator lights on saying what power source it was trying to use, LP or AC, was the LP tank on? Might be a control board. On the slide situation, they are adjustable. If your handy there are instructions available, I think in the docket that came with your coach or on line at Lippert's web site. Best thing is to contact your dealer and have them deal with both problems. Wish I could be more help. Others will have more advice. Good luck and keep us posted on the fixes.
Peace
Dave

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
On the fridge, check the front control panel and make sure it is on. If it is on then check the settings, the higher the number the colder it gets. I usually run ours on 4 and then turn it down to 3 once it cools off. Also inside on the fins is the thermistor which can be adjusted up or down to make it cooler or warmer. It may need to be adjusted. Be sure and read the owners manual for the fridge as there are some switches inside the door frame that need to be set according to the owners manual.

Drew

Ok! I found a bad thermal fuse. I was told to bypass it and let the fans run all the time. I put a in line fuse in place and now my fingers are crossed. Anyone else done this?

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
Drew,
I hope you got your issues worked out, at least temporarily, on your new rig. Also let me welcome you into your new family of Heartland owners.

I would also like to invite you to our rally that is to be held at the Rayford Crossing RV Resort in the Woodlands (Spring) on April 3-5th. We still have a few spaces left and I would love to add you to the list.

rckc228

More than likely the thermostat on the cooling fins. Check your owners manual.

Last edited:

Drew

It seems I got a real winner of a fridge. The water line was making contact with the heating element, which developed a water leak. The cooling fans were not running, bad thermal fuse. I bypassed the mother board to see if it would start to cool. It has lots of problems and I only hope it's not the cooling unit.

If anyone has an ice maker they might want to check the water line location. The good news is, I may be a Dometic service center by the time i'm done. If we did'nt love our new home so much I might be upset.

Tom of Ypsi

Drew,

I know what you mean about the ice maker water line and the heating element, they do not mix. I had to pull my refer to put a new water line in a real PITA. I did not use the heating element when I put everthing back together since I do not plan on being in weather too cold to freeze everthing up.

Tankie

Drew, is your fridge a RM1350? We are on our 2nd one in less than a year. Had the 1st replaced in Oct. 08 (leaking cooling unit) now this one is having cooling issues. I am getting real tired of this fridge that we paid so much extra to have.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Drew,

I know what you mean about the ice maker water line and the heating element, they do not mix. I had to pull my refer to put a new water line in a real PITA. I did not use the heating element when I put everthing back together since I do not plan on being in weather too cold to freeze everthing up.
Tom, did you replace the tube from the solenoid up to the ice maker inlet? I just ordered an new tube for mine. I plan on leaving the heat wire in but not connecting the fuse. That darn line seems to develop a leak every time we move. I cant shorten it any more so it's time to replace. Did you have help lifting the fridge out or can it be done by one person? Thanks!

Tankie

Finally got tech out to check out fridge, can't find anything glaring wrong with it no yellow stuff leaking or blown fuses. He did talk to dometic and they informed him the fridge was not vented properly. Found a site http://www.rvmobile.com has some good info on fridges. According to their info my fridge is not vented properly no baffles, no insulation and no deflector sheild to direct air flow. hope this helps

Boca_Shuffles

I don't know if you have a gap on your slide or if this applies:

"The 6 degree pitch of the slide
room is similar to a house. It
is angled downward, away from
the seals, keeping water running
away from the unit."

This came from the Bighorn Construction document.

Have your dealer check out the gap. :)

gerry

Ray, you replied to someone about the heater fuse you disconnected in a 1350 fridge with ice maker, i would like to know where this fuse is so i can disconnect mine, having same problem with my fridge, not getting cold enough, any help you can give me would be appreciated

CrazyScotsman

It took my fridge 24 hours to cool off . I turned it on Saturday around 10 am, it finally made it to 36 degrees by the same time today ( Sunday ). Now it is back up to 45 degrees. Whats up with this ?. Freezer is freezing, but no cool fridge :(

meandg

crawgator
I might be looking at the same issues. My icemaker is not producing ice and the fridge hasn't gotten below 40 since we had the power on a week and a half ago. I will be checking back for updates.

ralphpam

Our refer (RM1350) temperature would vary from 45 to 52 and sometimes get to 32. We finally took it to see what was up. They had no ideas until I mentioned that the right door did not seem to close properly. Further investigation revealed that the left door center panel that is supposed to come out so the right door can seal on it was not closing and letting all the cool air out. They ended up removing the left door and putting washers under it at the bottom to raise it up so that it would work better - not perfect. You still have to check and pull out that small panel when you close it, but it fixed the temperature swings - now it stays at 36 - 37. They also checked the back and said the installation was correct, but found putty missing from some holes in the freezer which is what was causing all the frost buildup in the freezer. Now they are working with Dometic because the fans do not seem to come on when needed. They said refers with roof venilation have no issues, but the side venilation ones need lots of air flow to stay cool. It still has other problems to be fixed at a later date - water line to ice maker is melted and the ice maker has never worked. Ice trays work great and fill up that ice bin really well!

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
I know some people with the side ventilation units have added fans (like 12 volt type) to help push out the warm air.

Tankie

ralphpam, can you get any pics on the installation? I would like to compare them with my installation since I had a new fridge put in. I will check that center panel to see if we are having same issue. Thank you