New Owner of a BC 3490BHS

tbrookens

Hello everyone,

I just thought I would drop in and let you know the club now has another proud member. I'm not new to RV'ing, but I am new to Heartland.

I had my choices narrowed down to a Cedar Creek or a Heartland. After doing weeks of research, and reading so many posts in this forum, I just couldn't go with the Cedar Creek.

I made the purchase yesterday, but don't pick it up until the end of March, as I have too much snow stacked along side the house, that I have no room to park on the RV pad.

I made the purchase through Finnegan RV, in South Beloit, IL. I got an UNBELIEVEABLE deal, and they have still been great to work with. I thought they would stiff me on "customer service", because they weren't making any money on the deal, but they have been great.

I have seen several references (here in the forum) about a "Walk-through Checklist" that some of you may have. I have done several searches and can't find one. I would love to have this list, when I do pick up the RV. Can anyone help me out?

I have been to many forums (RV, boating, etc.) and I must say...I am very impressed with the quality of this forum. I really appreciate that people are honest and tell you the problems with their RVs. Many forums I have seen, don't have this honest atmosphere. Probably because people are reluctant to admit they have issues with a huge purchase they just made.

Thank you for having a great forum, and I look forward to spending many hours, gathering information.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Oh, goody, another "Wing Wiper." :D

Here's two that I copied from this forum, unfortunately, I don't remember who wrote them.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Tracy & Tina, welcome to the Heartland Family and Forum. I was just looking at the Heartland site and printed the floorplan for that model for a friend who WAS also looking at Cedar Creek. No comparison for the money eh? What were you doing in IL? We've been to Finnigans a couple times hoping to get a look at a BH 3580.

tbrookens

Ray, Thank you for the welcome. I actually didn't even go to IL. I went surfing on the internet and found this deal on EBay. I then researched the seller and made direct contact with them (Finnegan). We were able to strike a great deal, so now I'm the owner. I grew up in Janesville, WI, where my parents still live, and it's only about 15 miles from Finnegans. I figured this was a bonus, as I can visit them while on my trip to pick up the BC.

You were right, about the floor plan. No comparison!

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Tracy & Tina - welcome to the BC country from a fellow BC owner. We have a 3250 and just love it. And what nice things you have to say about the forum. We are fairly new also to the Heartland site and have learned alot from the forum.

tbrookens

JohnDar,
Thank you for the checklists. They are quite extensive. I will sure use them to my advantage, while I'm doing the walk-through inspection. I kinda wonder if 4 hours is enough, after looking at those lists.

Thanks again.

Flyfish4m

Tracy & Tina, welcome. Good choice on the BC, we were thinking about the 3490 untill we saw the 3550 with loft, either way you cant lose,weve been a BC owner for about 5 months now, used it once, although weve had some problems with it, Heartland has been great to deal with, in fact I get it back tomorrow from warrenty work, cant wait. Your Cummins will laugh at it towing it:D, And thank you for your service.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
JohnDar,
Thank you for the checklists. They are quite extensive. I will sure use them to my advantage, while I'm doing the walk-through inspection. I kinda wonder if 4 hours is enough, after looking at those lists.

Thanks again.

You're more than welcome, and also, welcome to the forum. Top 3's gotta stick together.:D

tbrookens

Flyfish4m,
He thanks for the welcome. We were looking at the 3550, but in the end, it would have cost me a whole bunch more to buy that one. I couldn't find anyone who had as good a deal, as my 3490. Good luck with your BC, an hopefully we will see you out there, some day.