Apollo Oven Scratches

Shadowchek

When we purchased our Bighorn one of the issues we had noted from the very beggining was that there were scratches on the front of the Microwave. There was a plastic sheet covering the majority of the door but below where it isn't covered it was all scratched up.They aren't real deep scratches but they are pretty visible and bother me. I told the dealer about it when we took it in for warranty issues. When I went to pick it up I noticed that there were still scratches there not as bad but still there. When I asked them about it there reply was that they buffed them out the best they could and that they all have scratches in them it is the way they package them. If they were to replace it chances are it would be the same or worse. After using the Bighorn a few times the scratches look just as bad as they did when we first got it. I feel like this being a new unit I shouldn't have to deal with scratches on my microwave. I understand it will probably get a little scratched in time but I don't think I should have to start out with it being that way. I am taking it back in for more warranty work So I want to know if everyone else has scratches on there Apollo Half time oven or if the dealer is just trying to blow me off. :confused:

Thanks

Greg :cool:

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Greg, They should definitely not have scratches. If you can't convince your dealer to replace it and the scratches were pointed out and noted during your PDI, you should call Heartland. If they were not noted during the PDI, you may have to live with it. Tell your dealer to swap one out from another coach and see if that new owner will have a problem with it. Yeah Right!

Jim/rsvl/AR

The wind sounds pretty "gusty"! We have the Apollo 1/2 time oven and do not have any acratches. Better be calling Heartland.

KENNY COCHRAN

MCNEESE STATE COWBOYS #1
1. PUT A PICTURE OF THE GRANDKIDS OVER THE SCRATCHES.
2. PUT DECAL WITH THE "MCNEESE STATE COWBOYS" OVER THE SCRATCHES.
3. SEE BELOW

http://www.ehow.com/PrintArticle.html?id=2053620

by eHow Home & Garden Editor

Introduction

Windows or other glass surfaces in the home can become scratched and unsightly over time. Instead of going to the expense of replacing the glass, it may be possible to buff out light or hairline scratches. Here are a few easy steps that might save you some time and money.
Instructions - Difficulty: Easy

Things You'll Need

Steps

Step One

Apply polishing or jeweler's rouge to a lambs wool buffing pad. You can either buff the scratch by hand using a circular motion or with an electric buffer on medium speed.

Step Two

Wash the polishing compound, jeweler's rouge or whitening toothpaste off from time to time in order to check on the progress of the scratch removal.

Step Three

Mix two ounces of ammonia with two quarts of water. You may want to be sure to hold your nose closed during this process! Also, always wear rubber gloves and safety goggles when working with ammonia.

Step Four

Clean the glass surface with the ammonia water with a clean soft sponge.

Step Five

Dry the glass with a lint free towel. If the scratches are not completely gone, they should at least be less apparent. If there is no significant difference, consider contacting a glass company to replace or rebuff the glass.

Tips & Warnings

• Do not use abrasive household cream cleaners. Whitening toothpaste is a good alternative to polishing compound.
  • If possible, lay the glass on a flat surface during the polishing process to provide additional support.
  • If your fingernail can be inserted in the scratch, it is probably too deep to be buffed out.
  • Use gentle pressure to avoid breaking the glass. It is also important that you do not use a polishing compound that is overly abrasive or you could end up damaging the glass further.

Shadowchek

Thank you for the info.

The problem is that it is plastic

The other problem is that it is new and I shouldn't have to do anything.

Down the road I may have to live with or deal with scratches that we cause but I don't want to start out that way.

I will be taking it in tomorrow and see what they will do because it was noted from the beggining.
Thank you all for the clarification.

Greg

Larryheadhunter

X-Rookies Still Luving it
Go getem Gregster, if its in your original PDI, you got them by the b**ls. Grab and squeeze. They should replace with new Apollo. Just call Heartland warranty and they will call the dealer and make them exchange for a new one.

Shadowchek

I am giving them a chance to do the right thing on several issues if they start giving me trouble I will start to raise my voice then go from there. All my original issues and a few others that have cropped up wil be taken care of or they will baby sit My Bighorn and hear from me untill they fix it just to get rid of me . They are mostly minor issues. The first year ends in may so I am trying to get everything wrapped up. I gave them a list of 11 items. They wrote them down took pictures and didn't say anything. They are going to get back to me this week hopefully I don't have to started yelling at that point. I will contact Heartland as a last resort.

Greg

cjbearden

Visitor
Greg,

Based on most recent experience, I recommend you call HL Warranty Department as a follow-up to see if and what parts were really ordered and when shipped. We fooled around with a HL servicer for about a month being told one thing by the servicer and another thing by the warranty dept. until we got the servicer on track to finish us up and get us on our way. We spent two months, at least, getting some items finalized. Still have one item left involving wiring and tearing out kitchen cabinets to track down the offending wire. I am not willing to have my cabinet flooring torn out just for some 'ambience lighting'. We will do something else before that happens. Just one example of wiring inefficiency.

CJ

AL KADEY

ALLEYKAT&MOMMAKAT
when we purchased our bighorn one of the issues we had noted from the very beggining was that there were scratches on the front of the microwave. There was a plastic sheet covering the majority of the door but below where it isn't covered it was all scratched up.they aren't real deep scratches but they are pretty visible and bother me. I told the dealer about it when we took it in for warranty issues. When i went to pick it up i noticed that there were still scratches there not as bad but still there. When i asked them about it there reply was that they buffed them out the best they could and that they all have scratches in them it is the way they package them. If they were to replace it chances are it would be the same or worse. After using the bighorn a few times the scratches look just as bad as they did when we first got it. I feel like this being a new unit i shouldn't have to deal with scratches on my microwave. I understand it will probably get a little scratched in time but i don't think i should have to start out with it being that way. I am taking it back in for more warranty work so i want to know if everyone else has scratches on there apollo half time oven or if the dealer is just trying to blow me off. :confused:

Thanks

greg :cool:

Yes i have had three replaced so far. Waiting to see how the third one looks. My 2007 was fine but the 2009 has had 3 so far.

Last edited by a moderator:

alaska dodge

I have the same problem, I told my dealer when we took delivery about them and they told me the same thing that they all come that way. I still have them and my unit is only 7 months old.