SOLD - 2009 Landmark Augusta and our Ford F550

Status
Not open for further replies.

theharveys

Well, the economy has forced us into a sad decision. We are selling our brand new 2009 Landmark Augusta and our Ford F550. :eek:
The trailer is equipped with the slate interior color scheme. It has every available option except window awnings. It also has the big (3 1/2") drum brakes, goodyear tires and the trailair hitch and suspension. I have already had the trailer into the dealer to handle all the little after sale issues. The trailer is perfect. I even put a pantry into the little coat closet, although it is easily removed with no trace. I also had the dealer install the new closet latches in the bedroom.

The truck is a 2000 Ford F550 with the 7.3 PowerStroke diesel. It is setup for fifth wheel towing. It is an automatic 2WD.It has a 30,000lb turnover ball hitch and I will leave the rails in for a standard fifth wheel hitch.
It has a Thoroughbred Eclipse sporttruck package which includes leather front seats, additional wood trim and lighting, the hauler bed with storage compartments and a transferflow fuel tank. The total fuel load is 74 gallons.
I just spent $1500.00 for brand new high performance brakes. The tires are about 60 to 65% Toyo Hyperadials (19.5). The truck has a 4:88 rear-end. We have faithfully changed the oil every 3500 to 5000 miles and regularly had the transmission flushed and refilled.
The engine is equipped with a SuperChips Gold chip and it has a performance 4" exhaust system (and an EGT gauge) and a Banks transmission controller.
I get anywhere from 8 to 10 miles per gallon towing the Augusta.
The truck has just about 113,000 miles...barely broke in. It runs exceptionally well.
We replaced the standard rear bench seat with a set of bucket seats for travelling comfort for rear seat passengers.
We are asking $65,000.00 for the trailer and $25,000 for the truck. If bought as a package, I would take $80,000 for both.

Please PM me or E-mail me and I can send any pictures requested and supply any additional information.

theharveys

I am reducing my asking price for our Augusta.
As I said, it is a 2009 Augusta with the following options:

2nd Air Conditioner/Heat Pump in the bedroom with wall thermostat
Big 3 1/2" drum brakes (no longer available on the Augusta)
TrailAir Hitch and suspension
Electric Heat strips on the tanks controlled by indoor switch
Double Door stainless steel Refrigerator/With IceMaker
Electric Fireplace
Slate interior color scheme
Cloth Chairs in the living room
32" Jensen Digital TV in the living room
19" digital LCD tv in the bedroom
Double-Pane Solar Tinted windows
Goodyear 16 "G" rated tires
Electric switch-operated awning

We have already had the trailer to the dealer a couple times to fix all the small post-delivery issues.

The trailer does NOT have the generator prep. Instead, I have sealed up the gaps in that compartment with expandable spray foam insulation, put a treated wood floor in it and I use it for additional storage.

Anyway, I am asking $55,000.00 or best offer.

There is not one thing wrong with this trailer. I am sadly selling it purely for economic reasons.

The truck (Ford F550) is still available also. I will sell it for $20,000.00 or best offer. If the truck and trailer are bought together, I will take $65,000.00 for the pair.

tkdmike

Jeff and Cindy,

So sorry to hear about your having to sell. We are trying to sell our house and move into a Heartland RV for much the same reason. Wish I had the money to take you up on a great deal for someone.

Anyway, would you be interested in a truck trade? I have an 01 F 250 with 7.3 and many aftermarket modifications including the tranny. It is a crewcab lariat 2wd. The reason I'm looking is that when we get the heartland fifth wheel our GCVWR is going to be on or over the edge. It sounds like you prefer a sale to a trade but I thought it couldn't hurt to ask.

theharveys

UPDATE:
We are no longer selling the Ford F550. We have decided to keep the truck for now. The trailer is still for sale...although we may be close to selling it.

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
Jeff and Cindy,
I wish I were able to purchase your trailer, thats the floorplan we both love. I would then have to buy a bigger truck because the 2500 won't quite cut it pulling that big trailer.

It was/is a great deal.....

theharveys

Hey everybody,
Thanks for your interest in our truck and trailer. We have sold the trailer :) and we downsized and bought a Carriage Domani :D.
We are keeping the truck for now (it tows the Domani quite easily).
I want to thank all the moderators and Jim Belleti in particular for all the help and support over the last several months.
We hope to see you all "out there".
Take care and keep the rubber side down.

Jeff, Cindy and Amanda...
The Harveys

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Jeff & Cindy, those Carraige Domaini's are a cool looking rig. We looked at one last fall on the way south in TX. Really cool for long weekends or even a few weeks at a time. I loved the cabinetry and curved decor. And how about them wheels! Post pictures when you get a chance. Good Luck and Travel Safe.

theharveys

For anyone interested, here are a couple pictures of our new Domani...

Jeff and Cindy Harvey

Attachments

• DSCF0001.JPG
    DSCF0001.JPG
    462.2 KB · Views: 161
  • DSCF0004.JPG
    DSCF0004.JPG
    481.8 KB · Views: 151

jbeletti

Hi Jeff and Cindy,

Thanks for sharing your new baby with us. It's a different breed than ours but it's still cool. Wishing you much fun and happy camping.

Jim

Calvin

Not sure if you are in this forum anylonger since you sold your Hearland coach.
Did you just want a smaller coach? I've checked out the Domani and it's pretty price...but looks like quality and thoughtful design. I especially like the fact it's designed not to bottom out in the rear...a problem w/ my Sundance.
Did the dealer give you a deep discount? If so..what dealer?

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Not sure if you are in this forum anylonger since you sold your Hearland coach.
Did you just want a smaller coach? I've checked out the Domani and it's pretty price...but looks like quality and thoughtful design. I especially like the fact it's designed not to bottom out in the rear...a problem w/ my Sundance.
Did the dealer give you a deep discount? If so..what dealer?
Calvin, don't take this the wrong way but it's no fault of the trailer, your dealer or Heartland that your Sundance bottoms out. You have a steep driveway with what appears to be a fairly high crown in the road at your driveway. Your pictures also show your left tires off the pavement in the grass putting them lower than normal. You have a difficult situation for sure but it's not any ones fault. I have run into problems once with our Bighorn dragging but it was a steep angle. You may have to do some landscaping to your drive entrance, maybe make it wider for an approach at an angle.

theharveys

Calvin,
We actually bought the Domani at the Dallas RV show. It was deeply discounted by the dealer and there was an additional factory discount which they applied to that specific trailer.
When we decided to go smaller, we really wanted a Domani as we felt that it offered almost the same level of luxury as the Landmark (although not as spacious) but, at the prices they wanted for them, we did not see ourselves getting one for several more years. We had decided to just buy something small and relatively cheap...but then we went to the Dallas RV show and there was the trailer we wanted, discounted very deeply. Anyway, we decided to go for it. While I did not get as much as I would have liked for our Landmark, I felt that if I waited for it to sell, I may wait a long time and then would miss the deal on the Domani. Plus, we did not owe that much on the Landmark so we swallowed hard and jumped.
Anyway, the Domani is a great unit and we are loving it almost as much as we loved the Landmark.

Status
Not open for further replies.