three recessed lights over couch

Dusty

I don't if this is the right place to post this but here it is anyway. One of the three over couch lights no longer burns. I cannot for the life of me figure out how to change the bulb and/or light. Anyone help me on this?

Thanks

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Dusty, mine are like frosted glass lenses and they twist counterclockwise about a 1/4 turn then pull down.

jpmorgan37

Dusty;
If you have the frosted glass lenses, some of them are a real bear to get off. The light itself is held in the ceiling with three spring clips. Some of them are also a real pain to get to come out. I have the best luck on the tight ones in removing the light from the ceiling and use a couple of the rubber jar openers. It helps to grip the lens and it protects my hands from the spring clips. I had one that was so tight that I broke the tabs off of the lens getting it out, but it still stays in place.

Good Luck,

John

jpmorgan37

Sure Lefty, I have that too. Boy do they generate a lot of heat. Great in the winter, but when I'm sitting under my recessed lighting, I don't want to get sunburned.:D:D:D

John

leftyf

SSG Stumpy-VA Terrorist
That they do JP...but, man whatta tan!

And if I hold it right...I can do a grilled cheese too!

jpmorgan37

Uh Oh, we are digressing. Sorry that I said that. Actually, I like tomatoes on my grilled cheese instead of tomato soup. ;)