Air conditioner with the remote controll

Dusty

I still have the early remote control air and heat system. The thing has never seemed to work correctly, no matter where i have the remote located. Has anyone figured out how to get rid of this little jewel and go to a wall thermostat without having to buy a new A/C unit?

Fordsd250

I have managed to get the heat to work on one of the Hunter thermostats, but cannot find out how to do the air part.

Fordsd250

No problem. I also have the 2006 3500rl and the heat was just not doing right, so after 4 years I started taking the panels off inside the storage and found the 2 blue wires coming from the furnace which were connected to 2 white wires that ran to the air in ceiling. I disconnected those and ran my own wire to the wall next to the left side of the frig and mounted the thermostat there. It works so much better.:D I just wish I could figure out the air part.

khalsey

I did the same thing with furnace. Works much better than with remote. I think any digital furnace thermostat that uses batteries will work. I would also like to switch the air conditioner but don't know how to do it.