Converter question

ChopperBill

My dealer said the converter in the Bighorn was the Inteli-Power PD9160A. If so does it have the Charge Wizard. If not I will have to get one ordered for when the BH gets home. If not the Inteli-Power I will have to order one of their new kits to change it to a Charge Wizard. Thanks

Scott

Charge Wizard

No, we do not offer the Charge Wizard on our units at this time. You will need to purchase and install that after-market if you want one.

ST

nscaler2

Guess I will show my ignorance here. Being an newbee, and still waiting for our 3055 to arrive, Scott's answere to this question makes me ask the question of how does the battrery in the trailer get recharged if not from the shore power converter? Sorry for the dumb question. Thanks in advanceTom and Bobbi

ChopperBill

Scott said:
No, we do not offer the Charge Wizard on our units at this time. You will need to purchase and install that after-market if you want one.

ST
Only a $25 deal. Will gladly get one ordered! :) At least you offer the BEST conveter! The CW and the Intlli-power are the only way to go. Have it on my TC. Charges the battery in nothing flat compared to other units.

svd

So if I understand correctly, shore power does not charge our batteries? ChopperBill, if that is the case could you give us more detail when you get a chance about what you are going to improvise, how, and where to purchase the components? Every TT I have had charged from shore power, so that is something I want. Thanks, Steve

ChopperBill

To charge your batteries just plug it into shower power. The converter will automatically charge them. The Charge Wizard is a processor that plugs into the Intelli-power converter for 3 stage charging. Best there is and is only $25 add-on

svd

Scott,
Do we have the 9100 series converters in our units? This charge wizard looks good! Thanks,
Steve

BigBlue

BigBlue
nscaler2
The converter does charge the battery, however it is not controlled. The charge wizard monitors the battery voltage and controls the converter apprpriately. It prevents boiling the water out of the battery.

svd

ChopperBill,
Thanks for the Charge Wizard education. I bought and installed one, but would never have known it existed if you hadn't posted! Thanks

K

Ken Washington

Hi All,
Thanks for the info on the Charge Wizard. I will be going to Myrtle Beach next week and will go to Camping World to get mine. Anyone else going to the beach ( 04/16-04/22 )? We will be staying at Myrtle Beach Travel Park.
Ken

ChopperBill said:
Only a $25 deal. Will gladly get one ordered! :) At least you offer the BEST conveter! The CW and the Intlli-power are the only way to go. Have it on my TC. Charges the battery in nothing flat compared to other units.

Where can we buy these please? Can the dealer install it once we buy it?

GQ

davebennington

I checked Ebay and there is a fellow "Dyer's RV Supplies" that is selling the charge wizard for $23.98 + $4.90 shipping.

Dave

ChopperBill

I just bought one from him yesterday! Didnt take him long to put another one up. Now all I need is the Bighorn to put it on!