2008 F250 owners

If anyone out there is towing with a 2008/09 F250 Lariat CC 4X4 6.4L Diesel please post what trailer you are pulling. I weighed my truck a few days ago and it weighed 7900 with 3/4 tank and me not in it.

To stay under the GVWR of 10000 I am only left with 2100 for Myself, wife, daughter, dog, hitch and pin weight.

I know many f250 owners exceed this weight rating but are withing range for all other weight ratings. Just curious what Heartland 5th wheels are being pulled by the same truck.

Thanks
Josh

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
I pull our Sundance 2900MK with a 2008 F250, 4x4, CC, 6.4 Diesel and don't have any problems. However, if I were to get a bigger/more pin weight trailer, I would either add an additional spring to the rear suspension or upgrade to an F450 (depending on the unit we moved up to).

2010augusta

Not an F-250, but...

I looked at all the numbers for all the trucks and had the same questions. We really fell in love with the Landmark Augusta, and luckily knew we were going to replace my 1994 F-350 Turbo Diesel, because of age and mileage. I looked at new trucks all over and even some low mileage used trucks, and did not see how people were safely towing some of these heavy trailers (according to numbers). I was very happy to find a fantastic deal on a 2006 F-450 and never looked back.

westxsrt10

Perfict Senior Member
I pull our Sundance 2900MK with a 2008 F250, 4x4, CC, 6.4 Diesel and don't have any problems. However, if I were to get a bigger/more pin weight trailer, I would either add an additional spring to the rear suspension or upgrade to an F450 (depending on the unit we moved up to).
I would think you have more than enough truck. I have the same truck as you but a V-10 with air bags. I'll be taking my first trip in a week or so, looks like you have 1000lbs+ more weight than my Sundance.

RonnieD

I pull a 31ft 5th wheel with a 22 ft ski boat behind the camper with no problems at all(except for planning my fuel stops )

jpjulian

If anyone out there is towing with a 2008/09 F250 Lariat CC 4X4 6.4L Diesel please post what trailer you are pulling. I weighed my truck a few days ago and it weighed 7900 with 3/4 tank and me not in it.

To stay under the GVWR of 10000 I am only left with 2100 for Myself, wife, daughter, dog, hitch and pin weight.

I know many f250 owners exceed this weight rating but are withing range for all other weight ratings. Just curious what Heartland 5th wheels are being pulled by the same truck.

Thanks
Josh

My 2008 F250 Superduty has a GVWR of 9800 lbs. With full fuel, 5th wheel hitch, tool box, me and wife aboard weigh 8020 lbs. We tow a 2008 BH 3370RL with a GCW of ~21,000 lbs. No axle weights or gross weights of either the TV or trailer are compromised as verified by a DOT scale.