Convection microwave information needed

patrick1945

The Bighorn comes with this appliance. We have used microwaves for decades and once had a convection oven installed in a new home. My wife did not like the convection oven then and is now concerned about the "combo" unit.

What has your experience been and what should we know about the unit?

f250dieseldad

We only used ours a few times but we like it. Just be careful to remove the metal tray when you use the microwave.

rckc228

I love the combo microwave -- wish I had one in our house too!
At first I was intimidated by the entire concept - but after reading the instruction book (in its entirety) and then reviewing it again - it is so easy and convenient.
We have actually inquired about a "home" model at several appliance stores.

Good luck !!

cjbearden

Visitor
We used conv./mw oven for several years prior to buying an RV. Missed having one in our former BH and were so happy to see one in our new Augusta. Use convection as much as we use microwave. Never use the propane oven - will use convection instead.

2010augusta

it's GRRRRRREAT

I use all three setting on mine(micro, conv, and combi) I had to buy round cake pans and pizza pans(to use as cookie sheets) so they can spin to cook evenily using the convection oven. And the Combi setting will cook 4 large baked potatoes in 35 mins. I love the unit.

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
I would love to have a convection oven but the Big Country cabinets are not deep enough for the 2" require clearence at the back of the oven. Wish the mfg would reevaluate the cabinets.

leftyf

SSG Stumpy-VA Terrorist
Okay Lefty, I have to ask because it should be a good story!:cool:

I'll make it short. You ever seen lightening in the kitchen of a 3055RL?

I have.

Ruined my d*mned biscuits too!:mad:

Pillsbury frozen biscuits to not like to be nuked. Never had charcoal biscuits before.

If it can be screwed up...ask me...I've probably done it.

Or, as I have been heard to remark, "I can't tell you how to do it...but, I sure as h*ll can tell you how NOT to do something":D

Experience even bad experience is the best teacher..and bubba, I've had some pro's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek::eek::eek: