Looking for our 1st TT...Sundance or North Trail?

We've been searching the internet and local dealers for a while now. It's very overwhelming to say the least. Yesterday, we found a NT 31QBS and fell in LOVE. After coming home and researching it, we also found the Sundance 310QB that appears to be the exact same thing, but lower price. Any input or suggestions for me? We have 3 sons, ages 15, 13, and 2, so we need the space. We live in TN, but want to be able to travel to CA if that's where we want to go. Oh, and our TV is an 03 Suburban Z71 4x4 with the 3.73 rear end, so when I called Chevy with my vin number, they said that we could go 7200...does this sound right? Of course, the TT dealers say "sure, you can tow this trailer" but I don't want to burn up my Suburban, you know?

Thank you so much for letting me be a member.
Twana

medic9016

Pretty much the same trailer, different graphics package. I think I read that when Heartland started the Northtrail line was going to be the bumper pull line and the Sundance was going to be the 5th wheel line. The 7200 sounds right for towing weight.

jnbhobe

The GMC truck site gives better information than the chevy site and they are the same truck try looking there.. JON;););)

irvin56

Yes they are the same

Bryan< old north trail personal> mentioned that North Trail asked
Sundance to make a few models, just different graphics and different interior colors in their 5th wheel travel trailers( that line only does 5 wheel)

In turn North Trail made a few pull trailers for Sundance line(they do only pull type)

Hope I didn"t confuse you

Weight wise look at almost the 6500 lbs to full 6900 lbs when loaded to camp. with no water on board. Mine empty with just 2 full propane, battery and Right from dealers lot to scale was right around the 5920 lbs

my 1500 silverado is rated for 7000 trail weight and 12,000 lbs combined weight and I am at around 12600 lbs loaded. I'm over my vin weight but does okay. I would definatly look at a bigger motor in my truck as I only have a 4.8 liter and the 5.3 is rated for 13,000 lbs or 6.0 liter would be better.

It all depends on what you take with you and how much everybody and cargo weigh in at.

I would really suggest a bigger pull vehicle unit if hauling into big hills or a lot of stuff you take.
My truck handles it okay with the tow/haul mode

When we went to drumheller for 3 weeks Gail took her car and stuff in it also as we took Grandkids and a lot of extra stuff with us.
Just to be on the SAFE side (only 1-3/4 hr drive)

Hope this helps.

It is a nice unit though and we like the room and the bunk area for the kids. and our own private bedroom

grizzlygiant

I'm on my second Heartland trailer, first a 3400 Bighorn and now a 2800 Sundance. We love the quality of both. The
Sundance tows like a dream; I have to look in the mirror to see if it is still there. You will be happy with your choice of either the NT or SD Heartland products.

I was in the same boat two weeks ago. I had decided on the NorthTrail when I stumbled across the Sundance. They are sister models and are very much alike. The big difference is that the Sundance had the kitchen on the slide. The entry door is in back. And there is no wall/entertainment center at the front bedroom. I chose the Sundance after the dealer uncut the first dealer by almost $1000. I personally think the Sundance has more room without the front wall/entertainment center.

:):):) I called my local dealer and asked him the differences and he said that the North Trail 31QBS and the Sundance 310QB are supposed to be the same coach with different stickers. If one dealer is lower than another, then it is because they are higher in price rather higher in quality. If you arent afraid of a drive to Oklahoma, I recommend Tim Victory at Route 66 RVs in Claremore, OK. They are in the Northeast corner of Oklahoma and they worked really hard for me. I love my north trail 31QBS. I asked him what they were pricing them at the RV show that is this weekend in Tulsa, OK and he said they were $xxxxx. He said to have you call him and he would work as hard as he could to get the best price on one for you. I told him what another place quoted me and he got his manager to beat it for me. here is there number... Tim Victory at Route 66 RVs 800-880-5825. Tell him OkieMonsoon21 refered you!!!!

Last edited by a moderator: