What Can I Tow?

nwfurnrep

I have a 2007 Ram 2500 Quad 4X4 6.7 Liter Cummins Turbo Diesel short box. Calling on Heartland Owners with similar truck to see what your towing behind yours. Thanks for any comments.
Ron

jnbhobe

You should be able to handle any Sundance or Big Horn up to 15,000 GVW If you have 10ply tires on your truck.Thats what I think but I drive a Ford. Hope it helps JON :D :D :D

2010augusta

According to the dodge web-site the pay-load/ pin weight limit is 1985 lbs and trailer GVW is 12,800 lbs. to me that limits you to some of the lighter Sundances for a fifth wheel.

On the same note, I know a LOT of people here will tell you that you can tow more, but I like to obey what engineers say is safe to do, because I am one too. I bought a F-450 for a reason. If there is not a difference in a 3/4 and a 1 ton other than springs, then why do they not just sell everyone a 3/4 with air-bags to level out the over-loaded truck? Towing more than what a truck is rated is not just dangerous to you and your family. it is dangerous to everyone else on the road. I will probably catch some flack for saying that it is dangerous and irresponsible, but this is just how I feel.