Taking Chance

flamingknitter

I Just finished watching this made for HBO movie called "Taking Chance". It is about Marine PFC Chance Phelps last journey and the LTC who accompanied him home. I hope you get a chance to see it.

DntDctr

My wife saw it and went on and on about it. She rarely does that about movies. Must be a "need to see". I believe the LTC is from my area Stafford Va

Peteandsharon

Hearing that it was on HBO and dealt with Iraq, I can only say that I was prepared to get angry. Most of what shows up on HBO regarding the war is the same ******. Boy, was I wrong on this one. I can only say WOW!!! I saw it tonight and it was awesome.

Last edited by a moderator:

jbeletti

Hearing that it was on HBO and dealt with Iraq, I can only say that I was prepared to get angry. Most of what shows up on HBO regarding the war is the same ******. Boy, was I wrong on this one. I can only say WOW!!! I saw it tonight and it was awesome.

Pete,

I finally watched if from the DVR. I agree - awesome movie. Hard to believe Kevin Bacon's character could hold it together the whole time. I wonder if the fallen hero's really get that sort of treatment - as they deserve? Hope so.

Jim

Peteandsharon

Hey Jim,

Yeah, the marine's family also had a lot of support at home from community, veterans etc. It would be nice if that happened everytime also.