QBS questions

bobbyg123

Hey guys. We're close to purchasing a QBS after almost a year of TT research. I was torn between the BHD and the QBS, but the separated living areas really appeal to us. My questions:

1) Has the lack of pantry storage and bunkhouse storage been a problem for you?

2) Do you think there would be a way to add a satellite/TV jack and a small flip down tv stand in the master bedroom area? Would this have to be done at the factory, or could our local dealer pull it off.

Other than the storage and TV retrofit questions, this rig appears to have everything we're looking for. I just can't find anyone willing to part with one for under $??K on the west coast. I'm getting close though.

Last edited by a moderator:

RVCamper

We're close to purchasing a QBS
My questions:

1) Has the lack of pantry storage and bunkhouse storage been a problem for you?

2) Do you think there would be a way to add a satellite/TV jack and a small flip down TV stand in the master bedroom area? Would this have to be done at the factory, or could our local dealer pull it off.

1) Not an issue with us for no pantry. Plenty of storage space above the couch, above the dinette and under the dinette table.

Bunk house storage:
I made a modification to the rear bunk area and divided the plywood cover under the bed (and screwed down the area over the rear access) so you can lift it up and store items and get at them easier than through the little sliding door. Other 31QBS owners have added another set of drawers above the cabinet where the TV would go.

2) There is already a jack and shelf in the MB area (from the factory). You can remove the satellite connection splitter at the booster if needed, so it is not boosted. Also there should be a thread on the cable being colied in the roof.

irvin56

not really

We use the bunk storage end upright cupboard for food. And dishs above the cough, bowls above dinnete, and spices and that above stove.
I build a stove cover for extra counter space. kids cloths are put in white stoage bins and sit on the top bunks.
I purchased a 3 step folding ladder so kids can get on the top bunks.
our unit has a tv jack and fold down shelve for tv.

bobbyg123

Thanks

Wow guys, thanks a lot. Yea, I didn't think that the storage issues would be that big of a deal. We have 3 year old twin boys, but we're not pack rats. As long as there's room for some canned goods, crackers, etc. we'll be OK in the kitchen. I'm glad to hear about the TV in the bedroom. I know that TV and camping don't belong in the same sentence to some people, but we like watching the occasional movie in bed. The spacious configuration also will allow us to bring along the grandparents and not feel as though we're smothering each other.

I'm getting excited. I haven't accepted the dealers offer of $??,???, but I'm close. I know I could beat it if I hold out, but March is right around the corner and we're ready to start planning.

Last edited by a moderator: