Tire clearance on 3055RL

Clint

I want to go from a 235 / 80R 16 tire to a 235 / 85R 16 tire on our 3055RL. Has anyone done this, and were there any issues with clearance. I understand that the "85R" is about an inch taller than the "80R".

jimtoo

Hi Clint,

I have a 3055RL Bighorn and replaced my originals with the Michelin XPS Rib in LT235-85R16 size and do not have a clearance problem at all.

Jim M

Clint

Thanks Jim

Your information is greatly appreciated, as a matter of fact those are the same tires I'm looking at.

Clint

Clint

The reason I'm changing the tires is because of the reputation of the "Mission" tires.
And for my own peace of mind while I'm traveling down the road with my family. It could be that I wouldn't have any problems with them at all, but I feel a lot better with a set of Michelins on our 5th wheel.

The reason I asked was that I have planned to replace mine also. I wanted to do this before June when we have a two-week trip planned to North Carolina taking our four grandkids with us. I also have the ‘Mission’ tires and wanted the peace of mind of having Michelins when traveling down the highway. Thanks for sharing you thoughts!

Clint

Larry

Thanks for your input, I doubt if I even have 5,000 miles on ours, but like you, our peace of mind is a big factor.

Clint