1/2 ton trk pulling north trail 21fbs

marsha

I'm in the process of purchasing a north trail 21fbs. I'm having an equalizer sway hitch installed and I will be pulling it with a 2006 chevy k1500 4wd crew cab truck. Will I have any problems pulling it with my truck and does the sway bar really help. As you can see i'm a little apprensive about pulling the camper because this is my first camper. Thanks for your help. also do i need to change my tires? heard something about 10ply tires??

Last edited:

marsha

Will a 1/2 ton chevy 4wd crew cab pull a north trail 21fbs ok? I will be installing a equalizer sway control. Thanks

irvin56

Sway control a must

If you have a proper set up weight distribution hitch and sway control you will be set to go

Enjoy the unit we do our 31qbs

marsha

does the weight distribution hitch come with the sway control? I know this must sound like a silly question..but still in learning stage. Thanks for your knoledge and patience

jnbhobe

Marsha; A weight distributing hitch does not come with a sway control,Its an option you should not be without.I personally like the reese dual-cam sway control. The only thing better is the hensley, but they are $2000 plus.Whatever you get, make sure its set up right for your truck and trailer.As far as your truck goes,what is it? Motor, transmission, 1500 or 1500HD, gears and GVW it all makes a difference. Hope that helps. JON :cool::cool:

RVCamper

We have the Equalizer that has both the weigh distribution and sway built in. Plus you can back up without disconnection it! Can you say BONUS!

Also very important is your brake control. May I suggest the P3? Excellent unit, will make you life very simple, and has a nice display to keep you informed. Please do not settle for a cheap time based control unit. .....

rckc228

Had a Hensley arrow the best investment I have even made. You didn't even know you had a trailer behind you. Now I own a fifth wheel. But if I ever return to a TT I will get another Hensley.

leftyf

SSG Stumpy-VA Terrorist
I'm in the process of purchasing a north trail 21fbs. I'm having an equalizer sway hitch installed and I will be pulling it with a 2006 chevy k1500 4wd crew cab truck. Will I have any problems pulling it with my truck and does the sway bar really help. As you can see i'm a little apprensive about pulling the camper because this is my first camper. Thanks for your help. also do i need to change my tires? heard something about 10ply tires??

Like others have said here..."it depends". I towed a 31 foot Airstream with a 1/2T 4wd without a lick of problem. Sometimes I used the sway control and sometimes I didn't. I never had a sway problem either.

BUT, that was an Airstream and that's different that pulling other TT's.

jnbhobe

Marsha; maybe 3.73 gears?? 5,73 maybe in low range. K-1500 are 6 bolt wheels 265-75-R16 tires, if you go to a heavy tire make sure the wheels will handle them. A good LR-C tire and a good hitch and you should be good to go. JON:D:D:D

I have a 21 FSB and tow with a Ford F150 with the small 4.6 V8. It does fine, even at yellowstone and grand tetons at 10000 feet altitude. Little slow uphill but overall fine