Sundance 3000RK Questions

elbenjam

I placed an order last week for a new 2010 Sundance 3000RK. At the time, there was no information published and the dealer assured me that it was the 2900RK with just a new number. As I was perusing Heartland's website tonight I noticed that the floor plan for the 3000RK had been added. I was VERY disappointed to see that several features that were key in my decision have been dropped or altered. The kitchen counter space has been reduced significantly (no more wrap around). The fridge has been angled (wasting space). The sink is no longer in front of a window. The slider door into the bedroom has been removed. It also appears that the laundry chute is gone. The kitchen in the 2900RK was perfect! I'm hoping you can shed some light on the changes that have been made.

rckc228

Have you compared the 2009 and 2010 brochure. Check the forum it may even be listed somewhere.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Depending on the time of your post, it may take a day or two for a reply. Someone is going to have check into the several items you've listed. Hang in there!

D

Dave Willis

We are going to look into these concerns that you have. We have not built this new unit yet and I will be getting with our engineer to go over everything before we build it. We want to angle the fridge so people will be able to get into it when the slides are in. We will be able to put a counter top extension at the end of the counter for more space. We will still have a laundry chute and with all of the side aisle bath units we do not have a sliding pocket door. Our side aisle bath units are selling very well and that is what customers are looking for. I hope this helps a little.

Thanks,

elbenjam

Follow-up questions / comments

Thank you! The angled fridge idea makes sense now. It sure would be nice if you could leave the rest of the kitchen as it was in the 2900RK. We loved the placement of the sink in front of a window, the spacious wrap-around counter, and lets not forget the under counter trash-can with the outside door!

I like the new bathroom design. Since there is no pocket door, is some form of privacy partition provided for the bed area? Perhaps it was omitted from the floorplan drawing as was the laundry chute.

D

Dave Willis

We have a bi-fold door for the bedroom. We will be looking into the kitchen configuration as soon as my engineer gets back from vacation. No promises, but we will be going over it.

Thanks,

elbenjam

So...what is the status of the 3000RK? Have you started building them yet? Will the Sundance website be updated with the final floorplan and pictures of the 3000RK once it is in production?

D

Dave Willis

We are going to build the 1st 3000RK at the end of this month. We should have pictures available around the 1st week of April.

Thanks

elbenjam

We took delivery of our 3000RK on May 8th. The service department at Chief's RV did an excellent job of prepping it, and installing a Hijacker 16K hitch and Tekonsha Prodigy brake controller in our 1999 Dodge Ram 2500 V-10 Automatic, Short-bed 4x4.

The trailer is beautiful. We're not totally sold on the new kitchen design, but are still very pleased. Let the adventure begin!