Which rear stabilizer would you get?

tbrookens

In anticipation of picking up my new BC, I have decided to get the electric stabilizers installed, prior to picking it up.

My dealer can get me the "Lippert Electric Stabilizer Kit" or he can get me the "Power Twin II" kit. The Power Twin II kit is about $60 dollars more, but I would be willing to pay the difference, if it is a better unit.

My question is...does anyone know if one is better than the other, and if so, why? Thanks for your help.

mrcomer

Past Ohio Chapter Leaders (Founding)
Well I do not know anything about the Power Twin II unit but I can tell you I have been very happy with the Lippert electric rear stabilizers that come on the Heartland units. Would be interested in knowing more about the other though.If you get any additional info please pass it on.

Mark

jbeletti

If the Power Twin is the set that is connected and run from 1 motor where 1 foot comes down, touches the ground, then the other comes down, touches the ground, then they both raise together - that's the one you want. Nice unit.

Jim

tbrookens

If the Power Twin is the set that is connected and run from 1 motor where 1 foot comes down, touches the ground, then the other comes down, touches the ground, then they both raise together - that's the one you want. Nice unit.

Jim

Jim, from what I can tell, both of them perform in this same manner. From what I can find, it appears the Power Twin II has a higher lifting capacity, but I'm not sure.

Thanks for the info.

truknutt

Committed Member
The Power Twin II is an Ultra-Fab product. It has two motors and not only stabilizes side to side movement, "...has the unique design to also stop front-to-back motion...". LINK

If I were being given the choice, I believe I would go with the Power Twin.

rckc228

It looks like a upgrade to the ones Heartland is installing. I like that it also stops front to rear movement.

jbeletti

Not sure how it does a better job on front to back movement than the Lippert item but perhaps it's worth a try for $60 more. I'd go for it.

Jim

mrcomer

Past Ohio Chapter Leaders (Founding)
Now that I see the "Power Twin II" I still think I would prefer the Lippert unit because of the self leveling. Like Jim said, one foot hits the ground then the other and then equal pressure from that point on. One button to push. My 2-cents.

Mark